Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Sunflowers


Summer is my absolute favorite time of year.  I love the way the world slips into a new, bold color scheme.  I love the soft, heavy blanket of heat.  I love the persistant buzzing of bees, and the way lightning bugs paint the night in neon polka dots.  Almost all my best memories are from hot summer days or lazy summer nights.  Summers in Germany are no exception. 

We passed this field of gorgeous flowers a couple weeks back, and I had Kyle pull our Jeep onto a bike path for about 90 seconds so I could jump out and snap these photos. What I love about them is that they are a perfect example of how magical summertime can be... how there is beauty in the most random, unexpected places.





4 comments:

  1. Such absolute gorgeous beauty! You are right - beauty is often found in the most ordinary or unsuspecting of places. Thanks for sharing Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sunflowers are my number two favorite flower. I love that you stopped to take photos - I make Anthony do that all the time! You should get that second photo framed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love sunflowers. i love the writing in the first paragraph. i loved that you pulled over to take pictures of flowers. i have a lot of love for this post.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.