Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kings Island

While we were home, Kyle and I rounded up a group of nine friends, and the eleven of us drove to Ohio for a day of roller coasters and other shenanigans at Kings Island.  It was quite possibly the most fun day of my entire life.  Given some of the days I've had since moving to Europe, that's really saying something.  Of course my camera went along for the ride, so I have a few memories to share...

The whole group (almost)!  So now you know who I'm talking about when I say I miss our super-cool friends.


Can you spot my crazy husband?

Our group took up the back four rows on this one.  That's me in the second to last row, on the right.

My friend Kylie is amazing and got this photo as we raced by.


Do you know about Toms?   Well, you do now.


 Just after the drop on the log flume...

...and just before being hit with one last wave.

 This Eiffel Tower is a 1/3 size scale model of the one in France.


 The view from the top was pretty incredible.



The husband and one of his oldest friends.

 Please, for your own sake, ignore my crazy hair.



All I can think when I remember this day is that I am so very lucky to have such amazing people in my life.  These friendships, some of which began in elementary school, have withstood two years and 4,400 miles of distance, and I'm not naive enough to think that's the norm.  Our relationships are truly incredible, and I definitely don't take a single moment of them for granted.

There is definitely a countdown ticking away in my head until we're all together again...  Just three and a half months left to go.  Three and a half months until everyone I love is in the same time zone.  I couldn't be any more excited.

3 comments:

  1. these are such great pictures. i especially love the last one. also, your necklace is gorgeous. where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The necklace was a gift from Kyle the Christmas before we got married. It came from a gift shop here in Germany.

      Delete
  2. What a great day! I'm glad you got to do that with them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.