Thursday, May 3, 2012

Strasbourg Part 1: Strasbourg Cathedral (Exterior)


Over the past weekend we drove to Strasbourg, the capital of the Alsace region of France and official seat of the European Parliament.  The city is beautiful, and we had a fantastic time exploring.  Our first stop was the Strasbourg Cathedral.  It is a massive church, and it draws you in.



Every inch of the outside is covered in delicate statues and designs, and at 466 feet it was once the tallest building in the world (from 1647-1874).  While it isn't quite as large as the cathedral in Cologne, it is every bit as beautiful.  In fact, it might be my absolute favorite cathedral so far.






Petite France, and more.  

1 comment:

  1. I know you enjoy these trips. You have liked things like this ever sense you were a little girl, and I love looking at the pictures. Beautiful buildings.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.