Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Old Kentucky Home

A few of  my more dedicated readers probably noticed my absence over the past couple weeks.  That's because Kyle and I were finally able to go home for a visit.  It couldn't be posted anywhere online until after we arrived, because we didn't exactly tell anyone we were coming.  It was fun turning up to surprise our families and friends one by one.





We packed so much into the two weeks we spent in the states, and I'll never forget it.  More than anything now, I can't wait to go back.  They say "home is where the heart is," and it's true, but my heart is scattered across the world with so many people I love.

But anyway.

Here are a few photos taken around my old Kentucky home (aheh heh).  I hope you enjoy them as almost much as I enjoyed being home to take them.











9 comments:

  1. Hurray!! I love that you surprised everyone, I bet they loved that :)

    Its definitely true about home is where the heart is.

    Lovely photos as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The surprise was fantastic. They couldn't have staged more incredible reactions. ;) And thanks! I really loved some of the photos I got this trip. :)

      Delete
  2. Great pics! I know you were happy to be home again in KY. I love KY too. It's a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) It was a really great visit.

      Delete
  3. i've done the surprise overseas visit thing a couple of times before (it's my dad's favorite thing to do) and it's always so fun. priceless reactions.

    i'm glad that the visit made the prospect of leaving germany easier. you'll be able to do a lot more visits when you're in the same country.

    and just thought i'd tell you, that picture of the spider creeps me out. i'm not a spider fan and it looks so close and real and *shudder*. kentucky is beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, when I took the photo of the spider, it was blowing in the breeze, dangling on that one little thread of silk... And the sunset was gorgeous behind it... Don't get me wrong, my skin crawls at the thought of creepy little bugs, but there was something beautiful about the way it was bravely swaying there. lol.

      Delete
  4. We missed you around here!! So glad you were able to visit :) That spider photo is absolutely beautiful. And I love the black and white of the trees and the bonfire. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad you were able to get home and visit!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.