Friday, March 30, 2012

Cologne Round 2, Part 3: Night Falls in the City

When the sun goes down in Cologne, it becomes even more magical.  Everything is illuminated, and the street performers stay out quite late, keeping the whole downtown area filled with music.  We took our time on our way back to our hotel the first night, savoring the beauty of the city.








Once across the bridge, we discovered some very unique artists.  They used a projector and computer to 'paint' one of the four statues at the corners of the Hohenzollernbrücke.  (The statues represent Wilhelm I, Wilhelm II, Friedrich III, and FrederickWilliam IV, all of the Hohenzollern family, on horseback.)




4 comments:

  1. the colored statues are so cool. the whole city looks like it was taken out of a storybook. or that it takes you into one. the third picture (with the two blurred people walking) furthers the illusion for me because it's kind of like they're halfway between storybook world and reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how many times I think that! lol. And just wait until you see where we're planning to go tomorrow...I'm so excited about it! All the photos I've found online look like something out of a Disney movie. :)

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing... wow!! I love these photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.