Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cologne Part 2: Kölner Dom (Interior)


The interior of Cologne's cathedral is every bit as beautiful as it's exterior.  The many, massive stained glass windows and hundreds of candles leave the whole place awash with soft, glowing color.  There are no words to describe the sheer height of the ceilings and columns, and ornate statues are affixed to nearly every available surface.


(Note that the bottom edges of the windows are well above the sightseers' heads.)




The sunlight through the windows was an incredible sight.  I couldn't quite capture the way the colors reflected upon the stones, but believe me when I say it was glorious.




Up next in this series,  photos of the downtown area.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Thank You so much for sharing your pics. They made a great start to my day!!! I Would have been speechless to see such glory..

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!!!!! This is just phenomenal..... what a sight to see......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. :) It was incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.