Tuesday, January 24, 2012

An Ode to Donuts from the Roving Donut Cart

Nothing has ever tasted quite so sweet.  Half the fun is wondering whether the cart will be patiently awaiting you in the PX parking lot.  The other half is deciding between caramel and chocolate dipping sauce.  Freshly deep fried before your eyes on a miniature donut conveyer belt deep-frying contraption...this is joy.  Pure, bite-sized joy.





It's also the mortal enemy of your New Year's Resolution to lose 20 pounds.  Thank the heavens I didn't make one of those.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are awesome! We have terrible luck catching the cart though. In the entire time I've been here, we've only caught it twice.

      Delete
  2. They really do look delicious. We have no carts like that here, so I'm a bit envious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I'm sure you could whip some of these up all on your own, and they'd probably be even better! ;)

      Delete
  3. castles are one thing, but donut carts? i have to move to germany. right now. those look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I see we have the same priorities!

      Delete
  4. Oh my.... those look SO tasty. I have a serious problem/addiction to donuts and this post did NOT help with it at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow those look really really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I just wish I could catch the cart more often! I guess that's part of what makes them special though.

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, I could go for some of those right now...hungerrrr

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't have one of these carts outside our BX! I suppose that's a good thing (?).

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.