Sunday, January 22, 2012

Heidelberg Castle: After Dark Edition

I love how beautiful German castles look at night when they're illuminated.  My previous cameras never did the scene justice, but Kyle and I were able to snap a pretty good photo with my new Canon in Heidelberg today, and I had to share it.


When the castles are alight, you can spot them from miles away.  That's actually how we discovered three of the ruins we visited (Neuleiningen Ruins, Wachtenburg and Burg Nanstein) -- we saw the castles through the car window from the autobahn while heading home from some other trip, and I scribbled down the name of the closest exit.  Living here feels like living in a fairy land.  I can't turn a corner without finding something magical.

{previous posts about Heidelberg Castle: 6/2010 9/2011}

7 comments:

  1. You was always a little princess anyway. So, I guess it is like living in a fairy land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!

    averyjamesphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like it's floating in the sky. i love it!!!

    the closest thing we have to that is the mormon church in oakland and yea...it doesn't compare. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I want to travel and see different castles in the world someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot! Are you going to post your top 10 favorite places in Germany? I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a neat idea for a post! Maybe on my two year anniversary of living here (November of this year)? There are still a lot of things I want to see before I can pick favorites!

      Delete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.