And by "Carmen Sandiego" I mean me.
And by "the world" I mean the blogosphere.
Seriously, where have I been?
Doing a whole lot of nothing much in Mannheim, that's where. But also doing a whole lot. Simultaneously. I'm going to handle this quick catching up in bullets, as I feel it will be most productive.
- Kyle turned 21 on June 12th. The day really should have gotten a post of its own.
- For his birthday I made a double batch of dirt cake, which we took to an impromptu gaming party at the barracks.
- The dirt cake lasted all of ten minutes.
- During my hiatus I watched a lot of movies. The list includes Super 8, Hanna, Pirates of the Caribbean IX, Your Highness, and X-Men First Class. I enjoyed all of them.
- I also read a lot of books, bringing my total for the year up to a whopping 34. The list includes Alice Bliss, Passion, Divisadero, Lament and Ballad, The Forever Queen, Water for Elephants, and an assortment of sugar-filled cook books.
- I spent an enormous amount of time on Goodreads. Do you know about Goodreads? If you don't you should. And if you do, you should add me to your friends list (but please aslo send me a message to let me know you came by via carrotspeak).
- I finished all five seasons of Dexter with the husband.
- I made some incredible post-wedding wedding ceremony plans.
- I discovered that we won't be in Kentucky on the day we wanted to host our post-wedding wedding.
- I decided that rescheduling a bit never hurt anyone.
- I also decided that the Army is pretty stupid 90% of the time. And by "stupid," I mean inconvenient.
Except that somewhere in there I had another particularly good hair day:
And except for installing a window unit air conditioner thingy. We did that too. Because there is no central air in our apartment building, and southern Germany gets H-O-T in the summer. Fun stuff, I assure you.
What have you been up to, my lovelies?
And also, if you enjoy the comforts of central air,
take a moment to truly-madly-deeply appreciate it.
If you do not, I feel your pain.