Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas to Me

So, I got a new camera for early-Christmas.  (Thank you, Husband!)  And it can do things like this:


I took the above photo from my open living room window, without even using my new baby's full 35x zooming capabilities.  We're in a love-love relationship, me and my Canon SX40 HS. Yes, indeed.  I can't wait to take it out for a real test drive downtown.  And the over-a-month wait for my snazzy new gift to make its way though the notoriously slow-as-molasses Army mail?  Yeah, it was totally worth it.

7 comments:

  1. Now that is totally awesome! I may look into getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It cost a pretty penny, but I think it's worth it. Especially right now, while I'm in Europe. Who knows, later in life, if I'll ever get a chance to revisit. I want to have awesome pictures to help me remember this time.

    There's also a pretty nifty "fish eye" feature, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it I know. My husband already got his early Christmas present too. He just couldn't wait....and wouldn't ya know it....a camera. Some kind of Nikon...I know he, and you, will love it. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. that picture is just pure awesomeness. i am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandra, I hope your husband enjoys his early Christmas too!

    Sarah, I know! I'm pretty awed, too. Before the camera got here we watched a ton of youtube videos that showed it zooming in on the moon, and debated whether or not they're fake. I'm so surprised that they're not.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.