Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just Desserts


I had a lot of free time last week.  I spent most of it baking.  These apple dumplings are a new favorite.  They're super easy to make, and taste like a million bucks...if a million bucks were wrapped in cresent rolls and smothered in a sugary mess of goodness.  You can find the recipe here


This blackberry cobbler might not look so hot in my crappy photo, but it makes my "Top Ten Foods I've Ever Tasted" list for sure.  It was also super easy.  I recommend you make it.  I recommend you make it now.  Here's how:

Blackberry Cobbler
(makes 1 9x9 cobbler)

3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 cup boiling water

1.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and place berries in a 9 inch square pan.

2.  In a medium bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt.  Add the milk and melted butter and mix well.  Pour the batter evenly over the berries.

3.  In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and 1/2 tsp salt.  Sprinkly evenly over batter. 
4.  Evenly pour the boiling water all over.  Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling. 

NOTE:  If you use frozen berries, the bake time will be longer.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know about you but sometimes I feel like I want to blog but there is no purpose. Do you ever feel that way? Like... am I wasting my life away in front of this computer? haha.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.