Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn Has Arrived


Really the Americans are delusional (with all due respect) in calling this "fall" when it's so clearly an ascension. A climb into one's own skin, into layers of clothing, into routine and those sparkling mornings. 
-- Iida

Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees.
-- Faith Baldwin

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
--Albert Camus    

There is a harmony
In autumn, and a lustre in its sky,
Which through the summer is not heard or seen,
As if it could not be, as if it had not been!
-- Percy Bysshe Shelley

Everything is exploding with color here, even though the heat is still scorching.  Brinks and I enjoyed our walk immensely.  I wouldn't mind a bit if things went on like this forever -- blue skies, puffy clouds, golden leaves, and warmth.  It's perfect.

4 comments:

  1. I love fall! It is the best time of year for sure. Enjoy your walks with Brinksy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks perfect carrie! i miss the turning of leaves... last year in Virginia i wished i could bottle it up. now that we live in el paso, texas i would open such a bottle up. please enjoy delicious autumn for me?

    banks is such a cutie!!!

    ps. i LOVE that we have seven books in common ;) we're book soulmates. i love that you left me wondering which seven... xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I love your new blog look by the way....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie - doesn't look too different that what we have here in Canada -- but maybe a little warmer. Your pup is adorable - and I hope a little calmer than our Fritz. : )

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.