1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, unsalted, softened
1/2 cup shortening (I like butter flavored)
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups self rising flour
1/3 cup sugar
3-4 tsp cinnamon, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cream together sugar, butter, shortening, and eggs. Add flour gradually, and mix until smooth and well combined.
3. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon well.
4. Roll dough into balls (about one inch), and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
5. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased, non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Don't overbake! These won't darken much.
6. Cool on wire racks or a flat surface, if you're patient enough for that sort of thing.