Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Scorpio Races




Are you ready for this?  I AM.

My obsession with all things written by Maggie Stiefvater began with Shiver, which surpassed my wildest hopes for a young adult novel.  I devoured each new book in that trilogy as they were published, and then backtracked to read her faerie novels, Lament and Ballad, which I also love.  All of these books share one trait -- they have a gritty realism that balances the teeming magic in the stories, making each adventure utterly believable.  I recommend them all to everyone.  The Scorpio Races is Maggie Stiefvater's latest novel, and my expectations are running high.  I cannot wait until October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.