Wednesday, August 17, 2011

J'adore Paris (Part III)



The evening of my first day in Paris was spent sampling a very French dinner at Le Bistro de Montmartre, and floating down the Seine on a boat tour of the city illuminated at night.  But before that, we checked into our hotel.  It has been renovated somewhat recently and was so cute I feel it deserves a spot in this post.



Our dinner at Le Bistro de Montmartre was very much what I'd imagined a meal in Paris would be.  We were ushered into the restaraunt by a very friendly gentlemen who I assume was the owner, or perhaps a manager.  Once seated, our orders for all four courses were taken immediately -- the service was prompt and attentive, and the food was delicious.  Live piano music set the upbeat and magical tone for the evening.







Our trip down the Seine took off parallel to the Eiffel Tower and looped around the island dominated by Notre Dame.  We didn't catch a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower's lights until the very end of the ride, but when we did I literally gasped.  Not only is the structure aglow, it sparkles.  It is the single most beautiful thing I have yet to see in my life.  It was impossible to capture the beauty of the city lights on camera, but here are the few decent shots I did manage.




Up next is our ascent to the top of the Eiffel Tower, and then a montage of Parisian street shots.  Use the links at the top of the post if you missed Notre Dame or the city sightseeing tour that included the Arc du Triomphe, Louvre Museum and other famous attractions.

6 comments:

  1. one, the new header/banner thing is really cool. two, that dessert looks delicious! three, the eiffel tower looks gorgeous. i'm getting super jealous of this trip. i want to go to paris first chance i get, and it was never one of the places top on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! The header was actually sort of an accident...but a good one! ;) You should definitely go to Paris if you have the opportunity. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of the things that we didn't get to do while we were in Paris. I wanted to go on one of the boat tours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, I saw it sparkle!! We were on the tower when it did and I remembered that you said it did, I think its the prettiest thing I've ever seen too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm jealous! lol. I'll bet it was awesome to be up there when the lights started. :)

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.