Saturday, April 30, 2011

Post #320: In Which I Post the Post I Never Posted but Really Should Have Done


[image source]

This snippet is about being happy.  It was written while quite happy, and sharing it makes me rather happy again.  Scribbled down April 15, 2011, on a small notepad in my kitchen while our internet was misbehaving.  (That happens often.)
Where have the days gone?  May and smmertime are just around the corner. 
Dinner is simmering on the stove, dessert is baking in the oven, the sun is shining through my kitchen window, Kyle is napping on the sofa...and I am content.  What they say is true -- time flies when you're having fun.  And lately I'm always smiling.  I want to catch these perfect moments and put them in a jar -- bottle them up and let them twinkle on the shelf until a day comes when I need them.
This time last year the life I'm living now was just a dream.  Sometimes I still can't quite believe it came true.  I don't know what to say, what do do, what to think to express the immense amount of gratitude spilling of my heart.  To God.  To Fate.  To Luck.  To the Family and Friends who helped me along.  To Kyle -- who teaches me every day that it is possible to love a bit more, and be a bit happier.
This was meant to go on for some time more, but dinner bubbled over and started to stick to the stove top.  (That also happens often.  I'm not as good at mulitasking as I think I am.)

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is outrageous! I mean, Ive never been so entertained by anything in my life! Your vids are perfect for this. I mean, how did you manage to find something that matches your style of writing so well? Im really happy I started reading this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you paint a very lovely picture with words..really!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.