Sunday, April 24, 2011

Post #317: In Which We Have an Eggless Easter Weekend

Our Easter weekend was surprisingly lacking in the traditional Easter charm.  There were no giant floppy-eared bunnies, no Peeps, no chocolate eggs.  Just a sunny picnic in adorable Tivoli Park a tram stop (and short walk) away.  I can't say I'd have it any other way.



Up close the fountains look like huge toadstools.






This harmless looking stack of logs was actually a giant hive of wood bees.






Kyle finally found something he couldn't climb.













We passed these adorable flower pot statues on the way back to the train stop.

4 comments:

  1. What an interesting park! Glad you had a nice day together for Easter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you had a Happy Easter together! I love when you put up photos from Germany. I can only hope that I'll be as happy with my husband as you are with Kyle =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. those pictures are beautiful! you are seriously making me want to drop everything and take a trip to germany with your castles and parks and everything. (and i don't think i will ever get over the fact that there are not crowds of people everywhere all the time. it's never empty anywhere around DC when the weather is nice.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, it's fun watching you explore your new home-land. Ever feel like you are living in a dream? Looks like you had everything you needed to have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.