Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Little Letters

Dear Library,

You're awesome for having a Robin McKinley book I haven't read yet.

<3 <3 <3,
Carrie

---

Dear Weather,

Please contine to keep the rain away.  I'm enjoying the warmth and sunshine.  Perfectly timed, since we just bought shiny new bicycles.

Sincerely,
A Fan (Who Likes Having a Reason to Use Her Actual Fan)

---

Dear New Bicycles,

Thanks for making it speedier to get to...anywhere.  It's very helpful in these dire times when Napoleon isn't up to hauling us around for groceries and whatnot.  And don't tell Napoleon, but you can also go places he can't.  Like on trails.  And other some such places.  Plus, parking is much more plentiful for little guys like you. 

xoxo,
Carrie

---

Dear Napoleon,


Please get fixed soon.  There is no grocery stowing area on my new bicycle. 

Love,
Carrie

---

Dear Yellow Squash,

Why did you have to go and get all squishy so quickly?  I was planning to fry you to perfection.  And now what am I supposed to cook as a side dish when I get around to roasting the chicken?  Please forward any suggestions. 

Hmph,
Carrie

---

Dear Husband,

I can't find your license.  But I have found all the other ten thousand things you left in random places around the apartment.  If you need any of those things, I can be of much more assistance. 

Best of luck in your continued license-searching endeavors,
Your Loving (but still giving up now) Wifey

PS -- Thanks ever so much for teaching me to ride my shiny new bicycle.  Even though it is one of those things that is best learned as a child.  I couldn't (and wouldn't) have managed without you.

5 comments:

  1. You never learned how to ride a bike?! Awww =[ But that had to be super cute for Kyle to teach you. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...apparently I'm the only person in the world who hadn't figured bicycling out by their eighteenth birthday. I get a lot of gasps when people find out. ;) He was really sweet about it though, and only laughed a very little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are a bonafide European now Carrie -- getting around on 2 wheels. And you learned something new! Delightful post my little friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you guys have bikes now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that SAME problem with squash!!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.