Monday, April 25, 2011

Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies


I decided to try out a new cookie recipe for an Easter cookout with some friends.  These are hands down the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made.  Seriously.  EVER.  The recipe was taken from the inside of a Land O' Lakes butter box.  Enjoy!

Chewy Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 26 jumbo cookies, or 4 dozen regular sized if dropped by rounded tbsp-ful)

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugan
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips

1.  Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.  Set aside.

2.  Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl.  Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.  Reduce speed to low.  Beat, gradually adding flour mixture, until well mixed.  Stir in chocolate chunks/chips.

3.  Drop dough by 1/4 cup fulls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased (nonstick) cookie sheets.  Bake for 10-14 minutes (mine took closer to 16 minutes) or until light golden brown.  (DO NOT OVERBAKE.)  Let stand 1 to 2 minutes.  Remove from cookie sheets.

4 comments:

  1. i have never even considered using a recipe other than the one found on the back of the tollhouse chocolate chip bag, but this makes me think that maybe i should. just this once.

    also, i am in love with the plate the cookies are on. is it yours? where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I am so going to make these. I made some Ranger cookies this weekend...I will post the recipe on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah: That one's good too. lol. It's the one I used until I discovered this one in the butter box. I'd imagine the Toll House recipe would make good jumbo cookies too, if you adjusted the baking time.

    The plate was a gift from my sister-in-law Courtney. :) It's part of a set of four from anthropologie.

    Sandra: Ranger cookies? Never heard of 'em. I'll be sure to check out your recipe though! I'm always up for a new sweet treat. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.