Sunday, March 27, 2011

Post #312: In Which Carrie Tries Something New

Friday Kyle and I went to a hockey game with friends -- Adler Mannheim v DEG Metro Stars.  Sure, I'm not much on sports, but it was actually kind of fun.  Kyle, who understands the rules of the game, had a great time.  I was thoroughly entertained as well.  By the crowd and insane coaches, if not the on-ice action.  We managed to get seats in the very front row, directly behind the opposing team's bench.  The crowd was crazy excited, and there was more than one person with blue painted hair.  It's an experience, hearing hundreds of people chanting and cheering in a foreign language, let me tell ya.


Kyle (middle) and some of the boys, full on skipping to the arena.

See what I mean?  Crazy close seats.








How precious is the little man?  He rocks that mohawk better than anyone else I know, that's for sure.


All in all, it was a quite successful venture.  And not a bad hair day either, if I do say so myself.

11 comments:

  1. while looking through the pictures, i kept thinking, "wow, her hair looks amazing." so, i agree wholeheartedly with the last sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) It took me forever to master my crazy hair, but now that I've had tons of free time to practice, it's cake:

    One inch curling iron on sections of hair varying from 1.5 inches to .5 inches wide. Flip it upside down, and use your fingers to break the curls apart. Flip back to normal position, correct part, and smooth. Light hairspray. Only takes about 15-20 minutes, even for long hair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics!!! You are beautiful :) Don't you just love hockey?! It's an exciting sport to watch live :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pics I feel like i was there! Your blog is fun! Keep it up! I live in Texas! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holli: Aw. Thanks. :) It was a lot more fun than I expected. I'd never seen a hockey game before in my life, not even on television. I was surprised how easy it was to get into.

    Jennie: Thank you! I've always wanted to see Texas. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hockey is the only sport I can tolerate watching live. I'm glad you enjoyed it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pictures! You, friend, now have a bona fide travel blog going. I had no idea hockey was so popular in Germany, though by their show in the Olympics I should've guessed. Yet another thing to look forward to. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome seats! I love seeing hockey live! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie, how Canadian of you to head out to the arena for a hockey game! And I agree -- good hair day for you my lovely. Good to "see" you again. You look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. :) Thanks everybody for the lovely compliments.

    I feel a disclaimer is in order: Kyle took all every photo he's not pictured in for this post. He did an excellent job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love hockey like no other sport! In fact, I don't even dig sports. Just hockey! I hope you return.

    Nice to meet you.

    Carley

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.