Anyone who knows me
Farfalle with Italian Sausages and Peppers
3-4 italian sausages, casings removed, crumbled into bite sized pieces
1 pkg. farfalle (bowtie pasta)
1/2 cup chopped (big bite sized pieces) red bell pepper
1/2 cup chopped (big bite sized pieces) green bell pepper
1/3 cup chopped (a little smaller) onion
1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook as direction on packaging.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add sausages and cook until browned. (About 6 minutes.)
3. Add peppers, onion, and pepper flakes to sausage. Reduce heat slightly and cook until peppers are tender.
4. Drain pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of the water. Return pasta to pot and add sausage. Toss to combine.
5. Serve the parmesan cheese in a separate dish as a topping. (I like a lot, but other's may prefer a small amount.)