Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today

Today is a special day.  Today is my momma's birthday.  And it's the first one I will have missed in twenty years.  (One of the many downsides to living in castle-land.)  In honor of the occasion, have some photos:


The couple on the left are my parents.  This was taken at my aunt and uncles wedding, way back in the day before I existed.  My grandparents are on the right.


That's little baby me with Mom, Grandma, Great-Grandma, and Great-Great-Grandma.  Because we were cool enough to have a five generation photo.  Can you tell where I get my bad vision?


Mom and I could totally rock the 90s poofy hair.  You know it's true.  And secretly, way down deep inside, you're lovin' the sparkly jackets too.



I really think my mom was happier about my graduation day than I was.  I was mourning the fact that I was leaving behind a place I'd come to love.   Mom, on the other hand, was pleased as punch and twice as proud.


Thanksgiving 2009
Happy birthday, Momma! 
All my love, even from 4000 miles away. 

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh Carrie. You look like Mama. I bet she is missing you like crazy right now. What a sweet post. We always need our momma's right? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have a sparkly jacket picture with my mom too! Gotta love the 90s (and Glamour Shots!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Glamour Shots. I also love that EVERYONE has Glamour Shots. It makes it more fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This had to have been the next best thing to being there for your mother. I hope she had a special day. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.