Saturday, January 1, 2011

Little Letters

Dear Person Who Tried to Kill Me with a Firework Last Night,

I was a little too swept up in the happy-happy-celebration-joy-joy to be annoyed then, but now that I think about it, that was really mean.  Nice people do not go around tossing fireworks out their windows at (or in the general direction of) unsuspecting pedestrians.  Boo to you.

Sincerely,
The Girl Who Walked Past Your Building

PS - Before you say it, drunkenness is no excuse.  Double boo to you.

---

Dear New Truck, 

You are seriously awesome.  Seriously.  Have you any idea how much trouble you save me?  Have you ever tried walking to the grocery store, purchasing enough food for a week, and then carrying it home?  Sure you haven't.  Because you're an awesome truck with a motor and wheels and such.  And now I'm your very ecstatic owner.

Welcome to the family New Truck.  I suppose I'll have to think of a name for you soon.

Love, love, love,
Passenger Seat Passenger

---

Dear Husband,

There are cake crumbs in my kitchen floor.  I am not naive enough to believe that there is a teeny tiny cake fairy who sneaks into the kitchen at night and flies away with a piece of cake almost the size of itself, leaving a crumb trail in its wake.  It would be cool if there were, but there isn't.  Therefore, careful of the crumbs, dear.  (I mean really, you even smooshed some of them...)

Kisses,
Wifey

---

Dear Stolen Internet,

We promise to stop stealing you soon.  No, I don't know how soon.  Just soon.  As in, as soon as Husband has a day off on a day when the Internet People are not on holiday.  

Verstehen?  Sehr gut.

Best regards,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Internet Theif

3 comments:

  1. i watched the yogi bear movie yesterday and your first letter reminded me of that. don't know if you've seen it, but there were close calls with fireworks killing people in the movie, too. and congrats on the new truck! new cars are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it, but I can see how that would sound like a cartoon scene...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable. I've missed your posts. :]

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.