Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happily Ever After (Updates)

Do you have any idea what it's like to try and keep up with American television shows while in Germany?  Without cable?  It's the cruelest form of torture.  I think "they" employ this technique in some far off places, actually.  You know: as a means to coerce confessions from hardened American criminals.  "They" give them a computer and the task of finding a website that streams full episodes.  (Or maybe "they" don't, but who knows really?  So let's just go with it, shall we?)

Anyway.  The point is that I can't find a place to catch my husband up on the latest episodes of a show he won't admit to watching, and it's more annoying than you could imagine.  Stupid Hulu.  Why can't you just bend the rules for me and work, eh?

But the bigger point is:  The most intense problem with my life right now is how difficult it is to keep abreast of American television.  And that's all.

My dear Readers, you have suffered with me through long months of loneliness.  You know exactly how long I have waited to reach this point in my life.  ...and it's HERE.  NOW.  Right this very second.  I have everything I've been wanting:  I have a safe, mostly-quiet home that's filled with things I love.  I have time and space to plan my future and reach for my goals.  I have a very supportive group of friends and family who are there for me no matter where I'm currently residing.  Most importantly, I have a husband who loves me and comes home to our apartment every night.  And I couldn't be more thrilled.

The months it took us to reach this place are just a foggy memory.  I remember that it hurt, and that it was hard, but I don't feel it anymore.  It seems completely unimportant.  For once, the end truly justifies the means.

This Thursday or Friday we're driving off into the sunset early morning to try and find some castle ruins.  Mostly because I can't say "happily ever after" until I'm in a castle, all dolled up and feeling like Cinderella.  I blame Disney.  But hopefully I'll have some nice photos for you later in the week.

14 comments:

  1. So is the show that Kyle doesn't want to admit to watching the same one that I'm watching???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. You two have different guilty pleasures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Disney and Cinderella! Looking forward to your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dangit! I was hoping that I wasn't alone...
    What is this fancy little tool bar at the bottom of your blog???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vi: Me too!

    Jon: Click the part that says "wibiya" in the bottom right hand corner. It will take you to the site where I got it. It's supposed to make it easier for people to share your blog by providing the facebook like button and such. You can edit the sharing options it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Carrie -- I am a romantic optimistic at heart and I love seeing people's dreams come true. Romantic castles, huh? I have a feeling you will fit right in there little Kentucky princess. Hugs.

    PS My dad posted a comment on my blog saying he was happy to see you back! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comments always make my day, Lyn. :) Thanks for telling me about your dad's comment! I hadn't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. in most situations, if you can't think of anything else, it mostly works to blame it on disney. that's what I do. "Oh, sorry i forgot to start the laundry. I was listening to disney music." "Oh sorry I was sitting in my car and missed the green light so you missed it too. I was waiting for my prince."

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet. You certainly deserve this after everything that you've gone through!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! Hulu doesn't even work?! How awful! Hopefully you can catch up on tv soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy for you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cant wait to see your pictures. Hope you have fun and Im sure you will have your castle someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. JMO: I can use Megavideo...but it only lets you watch something like 72 free minutes a day. And WiseVid works sometimes...it depends on the video. Sometimes they don't load correctly.

    Kess & Lexa: Thank you!

    My Army Brats & Me: Thanks! It was a pretty great day. ;) Hope you and yours are well!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.