Friday, August 6, 2010

Fill in the Blanks Friday


[more participants here]

1.  Today for breakfast I ate Breakfast hasn't happened here yet, even though it's past noon in Germany.  Kyle's ultra-crazy schedule has us sleeping in until 3 or 4pm and staying up literally all night.  (A lawn mower was determined to get me out of bed today.)  However, when breakfast happens, it's probably going to involve pancakes.


2.  My go to/never fail recipe is roasted potatoes.  The recipe can be found here.
 
3.  Something I Kyle eats that other people I think is weird is pepper-jack cheese.  On a sandwich.  Every.  Single.  Day.  YuckYuckyuckyuck.

4.  My worst cooking disaster ever was  when I burned a batch of cookies until the were literally blue.  Yes.  Blue.  It's possible.

5.  If I could only eat one flavor of ice cream the rest of my life it would be  orange sherbet.

6.  One food I hate and avoid at all costs is beans.  Any kind of beans.  It doesn't matter how they're cooked, or what they're served with, I just do. not. like. beans.  (And like every mom, mine said I'd have outgrown this by now. Psh.  Fat chance of that.)

7.  What is your favorite meal?  Breakfast, lunch, or dinner?   Dinner.   Right now, dinner is the only appropriately timed meal Kyle and I get to have together.  It's been fun cooking for the two of us.  I'm sure that when the new-ness wears off I'll change my mind, but right now I love it.  :)

11 comments:

  1. Your blog is cute. You made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I eat pepper-jack on every sandwich I eat too. So does our Dad. Maybe liking pepper-jack cheese is a hereditary thing... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Nicole from the Bingham Tribe, your blog is so cute I'm going to follow it! Please do me a favor and follow me back! Thanks!

    http://basicallyformyself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmm, I had pancakes for lunch today - so yummy. I havent had them in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Orange sherbet!

    Stopping by from Lauren's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. blue cookies! i'm impressed :).

    xo
    {Lauren}

    ReplyDelete
  8. :O i love pepper jack cheese!

    and i think i kinda wanna burn my own cookies just to see how they turn blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah: Be warned, it took about an hour of over-baking to achieve that effect. They were solid black, but so hot that there was literally a blue sheen to them. It's to date the most ridiculous thing I've ever done in the kitchen. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have I told you about the time I tried to make cookies in the microwave? I was in a dorm room with limited resources, so I guess technically it's not the dumbest thing I've done in a kitchen. I did catch a plate on fire and have to throw it out my 3rd floor dorm window to save the fire alarms from going berserk.

    Note: There's a plain warning written on the label of every cookie dough container stressing "DO NOT MICROWAVE."

    College is for experimentation, right?

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.