Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thirteen Days


Thirteen days feels like a short sprint through rain to the safety of a front porch.  Like stretching to reach that book on the very top shelf at the library:  rising on tiptoes, pushing yourself up, up, up, shoulder straining and fingers spread wide.  Like the last snow of winter:  the way white crystals gleam in the shadows of rocks and trees for days, refusing to give in to the warm spring air.  Like the first strained glimpse of the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.

Thirteen days feels so very close.  Just a liiittttllle bit further...


7 comments:

  1. Thirteen days will breeze by like a puff of air! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're under the 2 week mark! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope these next thirteen days go by fast for you.

    Just came across your beautiful blog and i love the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Willow: Oh, I hope so!

    Jen: Oh, yes. Exciting is spot on. :)

    Gezeez: Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie: I know it's cliche, but I really know how you feel. My boyfriend is long distance, and every time we get to the two week countdown, neither one of us can calm down. And I'm awaiting something in about two weeks too! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats you're almost there!

    and may i just say, your writing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw. Thanks. :)

    Chicken: Thanks, and congrats on your own countdown! :)

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.