Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Leaving Day

It's a strange feeling this morning.  It's like...  It's almost surreal.  I feel like I should be having some kind of profound thoughts, but I'm not.  I just keep thinking:  This is it.  This is it.  This is it.  And other that that, I'm a blank canvas.

My parents should be here any minute to drive me to the airport.  I have nothing left to do to prepare.  The bags are packed, the tickets are ready, and my reading materials have been selected.  All that's left between Kyle and I is one VERY long day of traveling.  I should be arriving in Germany around 4am Kentucky-time.  (Germany is six hours ahead.)  And he should be done working tomorrow's shift around eight hours after that.  So if any of you are as excited as I am, you can do some math and set your timers.  ;)

Whew.  I guess this is really it.  Lots of love guys.  The next time you hear from me (assuming I don't end up stranded in Chicago overnight due to delays again) I'll be with Kyle.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say Victoria that if you really loved each other in a can't-live-without-you way then you will find a way to be together. I can't imagine being away from my boyfriend either so after uni we are planning on moving in together, splitting up never came into our heads and I have to say I can't imagine it ever will. Saying that I know that we could be apart if we absolutely had to so have nothing but respect for those in long distance relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Enjoy all of your time together! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have safe travels and arrive on time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have so much fun and be safe. Love all your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're having/had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.