Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I have ten thousand things to tell you.

Go from me. Yet I feel that I shall stand
Henceforth in thy shadow. Nevermore
Alone upon the threshold of my door
Of individual life, I shall command
The uses of my soul, nor lift my hand
Serenely in the sunshine as before,
Without the sense of that which I forbore--
Thy touch upon the palm. The widest land
Doom takes to part us, leaves thy heart in mine
With pulses that beat double. What I do
And what I dream include thee, as the wine
Must taste of its own grapes. And when I sue
God for myself, He hears that name of thine,
And sees within my eyes the tears of two.
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning

But instead I'll leave you with this poem, and the knowledge that we'll be together for eighteen days in just two more short weeks.  None of my problems matter at the moment.  They can wait.  Right now, as a new day begins and hope unfurls anew, let's all just smile, shall we?

10 comments:

  1. ;) I was a fan too. I found the poem and KNEW it had to be shared. The photo looks identical to Kentucky sunrises. It was a lucky find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snicker* I know probably 9,982 of those things you have to tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure you're right. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! 18 more days -- so exciting! I bet you started packing weeks ago... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. We actually just booked the trip yesterday, so there is NOTHING packed yet. ;) By the weekend and I'm sure it'll be set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww lady that is so sweet! sometimes a thousand words can be summed up in a few...aka a perfect poem.

    yay to 18 more days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry 14 days and together 18.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow the photo reminded me of this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gj3DqvwwkU So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.