Friday, May 7, 2010

The End

Today was my last day at EKU. As of 10am this morning, I am officially finished being a "traditional student." If everything goes as planned, I'll be moving my education online via UMUC next semester.

How am I feeling about this? Oh, I'm ecstatic. Finally, a step towards getting out of the good ol' USA. Those little countdowns keep ticking, bringing me closer and closer to the place I want to be.  Eighteen days until Germany, and 119 until the wedding.

Oh, and did I mention?  I'm exactly half way through my first degree.  It's a good feeling.


Still, there are things I'll miss.  Like being able to toss around literary terms on a daily basis.  And Einstein Brothers Bagels for breakfast.  And my fellow English majors, most of whom have begun to feel like old friends.  And a few choice professors.  And bumping into at least six people I know from high school every day...

However, it's totally worth it.  I'm looking forward to semesters of sleeping in, teaching myself at my own leisure, and having plenty of travel time.  And, you know, getting to move to Germany in the fall might be a plus.  Just maybe.  ;)

11 comments:

  1. :)
    I wish I could be done with eku! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! It's sad that you'll be leaving Eistein Bros... those are some delish bagels! Lol. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Carrie! Best of luck in all your endeavors! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl! How exciting. Just one question. How was EKU founded in 1874 and 1906?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! :)

    Rachel: Honestly, I have no idea. I wondered that myself. I'm going to take a wild guess and say 1906 was the year it was established as a legitimate university and not just a place for scholars to hang out and chat about obscure things. Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brianne has just informed me that EKU was a part of another college prior to becoming an independent university. 1906 was the year it split.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. Interesting. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That's so exciting... I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I'm anxious to hear how your online education goes. I've always wanted to try but am too chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrie - life is moving along nicely in the direction you want. Your goals are in sight now and I am sure things will get very exciting - if they haven't already. I hope you enjoy your trip to Germany. I love it there ... maybe you can carve out some exploring time this go around. I have not doubt you will get everything you hope and wish for. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.