Friday, April 2, 2010

Smiles for Sunshine

Today is a good day, and I am a happy girl.  The sun is shining, the breeze is perfect, and the sky doesn't contain a single cloud.  My heart positively sings.  It feels like a little taste of how wonderful summer will be. 

The Open Mic Night went about a thousand times better than I expected.  I didn't even stutter.  I really can't tell you how much of an accoplishment that is.  I don't think it's the best I can do, by any means, but for my first time reading my own work in public?  It was good.

Thank you, everyone, for your encouragement yesterday.  :)

Now, I'm going back to work so I can get out of this office as soon as possible.  I think I'll take a book to the park... 

Happy Friday, loves, and Happy (early) Easter!

PS -- If you're a member of Page Turners Book Club, don't forget to chime in on the discussion!  There are also important announcements this month.  Click the button in the sidebar to be redirected to the bookclub blog!  ;)

17 comments:

  1. Way to go Carrie! I'm not a public speaking person myself so I know how hard that must have been for you. Congrats on conquering that fear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on doing well on the public speaking! i don't think i would be able to read my own work, though i do okay reading other stuff, so you have just gained a million awesome points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo! :) I'm going to start keeping a tally...

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS -- Sarah, if I can do it, you can do it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY YAY YAY! CONGRATS!!

    I think I'm gonna check out the book club, sounds like fun :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on doing a good job! If you do it again I hope you read the poem about your mom washing the clothes. That's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lanie, Hoorah! We'd love to have you at the bookclub. :)

    Julie, I actually did read that one. It was one of the most well received I've written, so I thought it would make a good impression. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That's great! Enjoy the great weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done!!!

    You have an award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad it went well. I admire your courage and resolve to try something new and completely outside your comfort zone. You stretched yourself and you reaped the rewards. You rock Carrie! You are indeed BOLD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guess what? There's a blog award waiting for you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey Carrie l just awarded u. this is the link to the award http://yollie27.blogspot.com/2010/04/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanted to let you know. I awarded you, a brand new award.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh. My. Gosh.

    The sheer number of award notifications on this post is overwhelming. Thank you, everyone, so very much! I'll be around to collect them as soon as I possibly can. You guys are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. (Okay, so there are only four. But four on one post? That's kind of epic.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. it was raining this morning, but the sun has finally come out. i hope it stays. :) and congrats on the open mic!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.