Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Day at the Zoo

So far this vacation has been heavenly.  I feel like my problems stayed in Kentucky and there is nothing for me to worry about here.  The four of us have spent most of the past two days shopping and relaxing by the pool, but yesterday our gloomy weather forecast was gleefully mistaken, so we ventured to the Nashville Zoo to enjoy the sunshine and warm weather.

   

    





The zebras are my favorites.  :)


The bamboo along the trail was covered in carved messages.  I found one that was rather appropriate...





All in all, it was a pretty successful trip.  The day was topped off by fabulous chinese food and another night at the pool.  I think we're planing to browse downtown today and, of course, more shopping will happen without a doubt.

9 comments:

  1. I love the zoo! I'm planning on working at one when I grow up :P

    PS: your hair looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That weather looks so beautiful right now. It's gross and rainy in Chicago.
    Was that a total coincidence that you found someone carved a "C+K"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly, thank you!! :) It just kind of did that on it's own. I went to sleep with it still damp up in a bun and when I took it down, BAM! There were insta-curls.

    Lexa, the rain has picked up today. :/ I'm glad we got to go out while it was still nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the Miami Zoo yesterday and saw most of the same animals. Look like ya'll had as much fun as we did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos Carrie! :) I'm glad you're enjoying a well deserved break - I think I need one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love zoos! They are always so fun to visit. I think my boyfriend and I are visiting the one in Memphis over spring break, but it looks like the one in Nashville is cool, too! The meerkats are just adorable. :) And lucky for you, you noticed the bamboo initials. Anyway, I hope that you have fun on the rest of your break! You deserve one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a ton of fun at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the zoo! Your pictures make me want to go to the zoo soon. We're supposed to get rain all weekend though, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. I love the zebra picture, it turned out awesome. =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) We did have fun. I love zoos though. It's probably a good think I don't live very close to one...I'd waste every last drop of my money.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.