Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Awards Out the Ears

Over the past few days I've recieved three notices that I've been given an award, and by a rather hilarious coincidence, all three amazing readers nominated me for the same one.  Thanks so much Postman, Kate and Loco Yaya!  You guys are amazing!  That was convenient.  ;) 

If you guys haven't checked out the blogs of the three rock stars that gifted me this award, please do so.  They're all amazing.  Postman's blog is always full of surprises:  He's learning to be an expert pilot and a bartender, and, of course, working on a novel.  (Aren't all of us here in Blog-land working on a book of some sort?)  Kate's is the blog of a fellow military spouse.  (I can say "fellow," right?  I'm close enough...)  Loco Yaya is a rather hilarious, and self-proclaimedly (Yes.  I just made up that word.  It exists now.) sarcastic, mother of two.

The award in question is called the Sunshine Award.  It's purpose is to "celebrate the positivity and creativity of our fellow bloggers."  The rules state that I'm to pass it on to twelve other worthy writers.  Technically, maybe, I should put up 36 blogs since I got it three times in a row, but I think I'm going to bend the rules a bit.  I can get away with that, right?  Well I certainly hope so, because honestly I'm not even sure if I can even come up with a dozen.  I've give out so many awards that I've already nominated most of my favorites.  : /  With no further procrastination, here are the blogs I've come up with.  The introductions are for the most part their own, taken from their "About Me" sections.
  1. The Novelista Barista: "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons" --ts eliot-- I am a writer, a creator, a lover & a friend. I am passionate about my life and about others. I try to do the best for myself & everyone around me. I love making others smile. I love to learn new cultures and travel to 3rd world countries to see how others live their lives. I am passionate about happiness. I am inspired by art, photography & music. PURA VIDA.
  2. Art Pixie:  "I'm a 15 year old girl from Melbourne, Australia. This is a photo blog that I have opened up to post my work and other miscellaneous stuff that inspires me. The camera I use is a Canon 40d with a Canon 50mm f/1.8 & 85mm f/1.8"  (I discovered this lovely young lady through tumblr before she created her blogger account.)
  3. the best little bookshelf in texas:  "My name is Jia Tolentino and I am reviewing every book I've ever read."  (This girl says she hates Twilight, but her reviews are good enough to keep her on my Blogroll anyway, if that tells you anything.)
  4. MY MILK TOOF:  "When I was young, I placed my baby teeth under my pillow and when I woke up I'd find a shiny new quarter. But whatever happened to those little teeth? Where did they go? Would I ever see them again?  Many years later, a little tooth was standing at my door. It looked familiar. Its name was ickle. Welcome home, my milk toof!"  (This blog is written by Inhae, and it is ADORABLE.  It documents the adventures of two teeth called ickle and Lardee.  You'll have to click the link to fully understand.  One of these adventures has been published in the form of a childrens' book.)
  5. Mod Podge Rocks:  This, as you can probably guess from the title, is a blog written by Amy about crafting with Mod Podge.  It never fails to amaze me what this lady can do with a bottle of glue.  ;)
...I think that's all I've got today.  Feel free to browse the Blogroll for more amazing blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your award. It is very exciting. IT blows my mind how many awards are out there and also how many awards I see repeated on different blogs. I'm sure there is just an awards blog where you can go to find awards to give to other blogs. An award a day keeps the readers at bay? I don't know, that probably shouldn't be a quote!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.