Monday, February 22, 2010

Dear Readers,

The past few days have been rocky, and my world has been turned upside down more times than I can count, but now that is in the past.  Today there are no more tears, and the worrying is over. Today there is sunshine even through the rain outside my window, and I am ready to face the new day.

So many things have happened.  There were multiple break downs, much laughter, and eventually a new plan for the future was formed.  Much as I would love to write all of it down for you to read, I don't think that the decision making process is really what matters.  The important thing is that uncertainty has been abandoned, and I am running down the path I've chosen at full speed.  Kyle and I are going to be together, and that is enough.

Meanwhile I am living, harboring a secret fire deep in my heart that warms my soul against the chill of a few more lonely months.  Whenever I am discouraged, I have only to remember that the sea of faces around me are completely unaware of this one essential knowledge and suddenly the haze lifts, the waters part, and I am left standing, miraculously unscathed.

I'd like to thank you all for your support and advice.  It did not fall on a closed mind.  I took each and every voice to heart, but in the end, the decision Kyle and I have made is one that we felt best.  The wedding planning continues, presumably for sometime in September or October.  My classes end with this semester, and will resume next January at best.  This summer Courtney and I are both going to Germany.  We're hoping to be there in May.  I have my fingers crossed for a week long visit.  If things continue to go as planned revised, I'll be living in Europe by the end of the year.  And there are other things:  other plans and decisions I can't quite tell you about yet, and probably won't be able to share for quite some time.  You will know, eventually, when a few more clouds have passed overhead.  I think it's a decision of which you'll approve.  I know that's vague, and I'm sorry, but you'll understand in time.

And now the Carrot Show continues as per usual.  You can expect the January and February BoTM awards to be posted within the week.  :)

With much love and best wishes,
Carrie

20 comments:

  1. Carrie - good for you for coming to a definitive plan for your future. YOu have the right idea -- march boldly forward - committed to your choices -- making them be the right ones. Good luck my little friend. I hope now you can pack your worries away and enjoy the day that is before you ... that would be "today". Hugs, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you've endured so many ups and downs over the last few days, but I'm glad they've given way to some resolution.

    Hang in there! I know you are a strong, brave and very determined young lady. I hope everything works out for the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie-Heres to hoping that your heart will be smiling-simple as that

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so brave!! I can't imagine having to seriously plan out my future like you are doing. all I have right now is finish college, and then after that I have no clue! hahaha. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! If you're happy and Kyle is happy with the way things are working out then that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad things are working out. Life sometimes has to be revised... I just blogged about this at my other blog (http://thisgirlispoison.net) this morning!

    As long as you're happy, that's all that should matter. Whatever happens, happens. You know we're all here to support you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry I've slacked on commenting, but just know that I'm here rooting for you.

    As long as you're happy and Kyle's happy, in the end that's all that matters. You only have one life so live it the way you choose to. If you EVER need anything, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hun I hope everything works out, i do (: keeping u in my prayers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A plan always seems to erase the fears, doesn't it?

    On with the Carrot Show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm glad the ups and downs have started to even out and you have a new plan. plans always make everything seem more bearable... at least to me. hope everything works out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys rock, don't you know? Seriously. :) There is a special place in my heart reserved exclusively for you readers.

    Jessica, there is absolutely no need to apologize. You have a lot on your hands! ;)

    Postman, indeed it does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. as long as your are happy and you are doing what's best for you, i am supportive :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm certainly happy now. Lol. And I certainly appreciate the support. I'll take all of that I can get. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. "A secret fire deep in my heart" could be heartburn. I'm glad you found your path. Sometimes people write things on here to give you a kick in the pants to take action. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, you never fail to make me laugh and give myself a good swift kick. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so excited! Going to see my lil brother in GERMANY! I love you being my best friend and me being Kyle's best sister. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad that things are looking up :) And that you're gonna do what you want... that's pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Courtney, I quite agree. :)

    Kat, it's pretty cool indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you are in a place a clarity with your relationship and plans for the future....at least some of them.... Such is life!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.