Saturday, January 16, 2010

Another Round of Awards

I am more than a little behind in accepting the awards that have been tumbling in!  Please know that even if I somehow missed yours, I really do appreciate them.  These blogging awards mean more to me than anything, including being named a Blog of Note.  These are the honors that count the most because they come directly from my wonderful readers.  So thanks, everyone.  Really.  It means the world to me.  : )

First up, Pixie Dust over at Pixie Dusties presented me with the Happy 101 Award.  Is it not just the cutest little award button you have ever seen?!?!  I love it.  (Thank you, thank you, thank you!) The rules for this one are pretty fun as well.  In order to accept you must list ten things that make you incredibly happy, and then pass it on to 10 bloggers that make your day a better one.

Pixie Dust is a housewife, mom to a couple unusual pets, fellow Twilight enthusiast, and aspiring novelist.  Her blog is absolutely adorable, and most certainly deserving a loosky from you guys, so head on over and show her some love! 

My second award today comes from ~:C:~ over at The Nerdy Nomad.  ~:C:~ has just returned from a short hiatus to give us her 100th post and first blogging award.  She passed on the Lemonade Stand Award, which is pretty cute as well.  This one dictaes that the awardee:

•Put the Lemonade Stand logo on your blog or within your post.
•Nominate at least 10 blogs you really enjoy.
•Link the nominees within your post.
•Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
•Link to the person from whom you received this award.
 
Last but certainly not least, a new friend of mine, Sophia, left me The Fabulous Sugar Doll Blogger Award on her blog Still Winter After All.  Sophia's blog is written in lyric, and sometimes poetic, snippets that give us glimpses into her life, and she is never in short supply of the beautiful images that accompany her words.  This blog is also definitely worth a look.

The rules for this award seem to be as follows:
  • Post button on your blog.
  • Thank the person who gave it to you with a link.
  • Offer up ten facts about yourself.
  • Pass the award on to other worthy bloggers.
Well now, I seem to have a lot of facts to offer up!  Since the awards seem to coincide, I think my ten happy facts can count for both, wouldn't you say?  So, with no further ado, below are ten facts in the form of ten things that make me happy.

1)  Summer.  Summer weather is my favorite weather.  I love the warmth, and even the sweltering heat that comes with it.  My days never feel complete without some sunshine. 

2)  I love love LOVE to travel.  I am positively giddy every time I am preparing to go somewhere new.  I think a new adventure lies around each and every street corner, and that each one should be explored.

3)  My friends are my saviors on a daily basis.  They can bring me out of a depressed stupor faster than anything.  They know me almost better than I know myself, and know better than to take "I'm fine" for an answer sometimes. 

4) Bookstores are like treasure chests to me.  I love everything about them, especially if it's a second hand bookstore.  I love the musty scent of the old pages.  I love the thrill of a great discovery among heaps of cast off print.  I love opening a book for the first time and becoming enamoured with one phrase or line, and knowing in that instant that thsi volume will be counted as a favorite forever.  I never leave a bookstore without a purchase and a smile. 

5) This blog makes me happy.  I know that might be a little corny, but it is true.  Having made connections with so many wonderful people is a blessing.

6) Citrus fruits are my absolute favorites.  When I was a little girl I would eat oranges until the taste was burned into my tounge.  Now they double as both my favorite food, and a favorite memory.

7) Disney movies never fail to make me happy.  I grew up with them, and many of those titles still rank among my favorites.  ...especially Beauty and the Beast.  That one is rather high up on my list. 

8) I love teapots.  I am not entirely sure where the fascination started, but it's there.  I've just started a collection now that I'm living on my own, and so far the four I have are some of my most prized possessions.   One is filled with all my Chinese fortune cookie papers, and the other holds movie ticket stubs.  Having those on my bookcase makes me insanely happy.

9) Having my homework complete ahead of time makes me happy...but this is not something that happens often.  I have a terrible problem with procrastination, so any time I actually prepare ahead of time I am more than a little proud of myself. 

10) Telling people that I'm moving to Germany makes me happy as well.  I have always wanted to be that girl with the adventure, and now I finally am, and for all the stress and frustration, it's kind of fun.  And it's great to see people's reactions.  Most are either impressed or envious...and some think I am crazy for wanting to go, but it's fun to be unique for a once in my life.

And there you have it!  Ten happy facts about me that you may or may not have already known.  : )  Now that is out of the way, you'll find some blog reccomendations below.  If your blog is listed, please choose one of the lovely buttons above, and then pass it on to some blogs you deem worthy.  Congratulations are in order for the owners of:


Pretty please drop by and give them a congratulatory comment.  : )

15 comments:

  1. Thanks hun! I mentioned you over at my blog and passed on the award. You are so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Shenanigans and Brittany: Thank you!! :)

    Amy: Aww, you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a real book lover as well. Can a Kindle ever have a musty scent?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Kindle invents a way for that to happen I just might switch over. lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award!! Disney movies are great fun,all my troubles seem to be forgotten whenever I watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LittleFlower: Thanks! :) And I agree. They have a way of making you see the world in a more positive light. I guess that's what you get when you ALWAYS have a happy ending. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey. :) Where do I find my award...? I am a bit lost I think. Thanks in advance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I just wanted to tell you I love your blog especially Making a Difference Monday. I’m a new blogger and love this meme, which I’m planning on participating in soon. Congrats on your awards! I agree Disney movies always make me in a better mood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kayla: You get to choose one of the three awards that was givin to me. Lol. You just save one of the three images in the post above, then follow the set of rules that go with it. The rules are explained in the post.

    ...After you save the image, put it on your own blog to tell readers that you won, and then pass it on as the rules dictate to other blogs.

    Emma: Great to have you on board! My meme has been stalled for the past couple weeks, but it should be going strong again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for the award, very chuffed :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh lol . Well , its my first one so I was confused ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're moving to germany? holy cow! that's crazy and exciting for you.

    congrats on the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Victoria: You're welcome. :)

    Kayla: Lol. It's cool. I had no idea what to do when I recieved my first one either.

    Mayra: Yeah, lol. But not for another six months or so at least.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.