When I found out, I screamed. I jumped up and down. I did an epic happy dance. And I called my mom. (Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am a complete dork. Get used to it. ;])
But now the shock has worn off, and it's time for some 'thank you's:
1) I would never have kept with this blog if it were not for my first follower, Lyn. She's been supporting me from the start, and inspiring me with her ever-positive attitude and her willingness to help those that she can. She has lent comfort in difficult times, and laughed with me through the good ones, and has become more than just voice in the blogosphere. She's become someone I look up to. :)
2) Many of my first 42 followers (the ones I got the "hard way") have become more like friends to me than readers. Adele, Iida, Ivy, Jessica, Robyn...and so so soo many more. It's hard to picture life in the blogging world without you guys. The first bonds that are made through a blog are the ones that keep you at it. These guys are incredible. Most of their blogs will be listed on my blogroll. I highly reccomend that you go click around. :)
3) Thank you number three goes out to none other than my wonderful fiance, Kyle. (If you don't know about him yet, there are two links to posts completely about him in the top portion of my right sidebar.) On the days when I thought my little blog was never going to take off, he was there to reassure me, and when I nearly had a heart-attack (and remember, that involved some screaming and happy dancing) when I found out I was blog of note, he didn't laugh all too much. What more can a blog-girl ask for?
4) To the people who choose the Blogs of Note: THANK YOU! And if you'd be so kind as to e-mail me with a mailing address, I'll make good on that brownie-bribe that I'm sure is what got me nominated. ;)
5) Courtney, Courtney, Courtney. Thanks for keeping me company here in blog-land. :) It's a huge relief to have someone from the "real world" to talk to about all of the joys of blogging.
And now that's out of the way...
WELCOME NEW READERS!
I can't wait to get to know each and every one of you. Feel free to comment or e-mail me. I LOVE to hear feedback from you guys! If you add me as a friend on either MySpace or Facebook, be sure to send me note along with the request letting me know you met me through blogger or I might deny the request. I try to weed out the creepers, but that gets a little fuzzy when you have over 100 readers...
But now I have to get back to work. It's only fair. They do pay me. So for now I'll bid you goodbye with the hope that you all have simply marvelous days! :)