Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nineteen Days

Nineteen days!  I'm not imagining it am I?  You guys can see that number on the countdown, too, right?  I don't know where the days went, but I'm glad they've left the calendar.  I don't think I have ever been this excited for anything.  Not even the last time he came home.  This time is...different.

I mean, I was ecstatic to see him last time, but I was also a little afraid. So much time had passed, and though we did our best to communicate through letters and a phone call each week, it was difficult.  I was terrified that we'd have changed...  But I was worried for nothing, as usual.  We did change, but we did it together somehow.  We managed to stay in perfect balance, maturing and growing together even though we were apart.  This experience has been every bit as much as journey for me as it has been for him...

Anyway, now I have none of those fears.  Now I am completely consumed by excitement and anticipation.  I am not nervous or apprehensive in the least, and in only nineteen short days I will be in the place that is the closest to heaven I have ever known.  And what with the stress of finals and my first ever time on a plane and the fact that Christmas break means a solid month without pay for student workers...  It can't come fast enough.  I need a break from Kentucky problems right about now.

And a little bit closer to home, I've finally caught Christmas fever.  :)  The tree is up, the first presents are underneath, and I'm breaking out the Christmas candy recipes.  It even snowed for the first time a couple days ago.  It was beautiful, and I hope it keeps on coming.  It might be nineteen days until heaven, but it's only sixteen until Christmas, so in honor of both looming dates can we get a holiday themed happy dance over here?  Yes?  Why thank you!

HAPPY DANCE!!! 

PS.  Also, don't forget about my Blogging Birthday Bash on the sixteenth!  There's still time to sign up if you want to be entered for a chance in my giveaway!  :)

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy for you! I know firsthand what separation is like (though my fiance isn't in the Army, he's in grad school). Being reunited with the one you love is like nothing in the world. I can't wait for Monday when Brandon comes to visit me and we get to spend time together for the first time in 4 months. I'm doing my Happy Dance too!

    P.S. I'm super-excited for the Blogging Birthday Bash on the 16th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yay! I'm so happy for you Sarah. :) I hope you guys have a wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, you know you're going to have to give him a hug and a kick from me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I've visited, and 19 days seems so soon!! I'm happy for you and encouraging your happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does seem like time flew by! I remember reading his guest post and it seems like just yesterday!
    You've never been on a plane before? Don't even stress about it, the hardest part isn't the plane (maybe the engines are kind of noisy) but the hardest part is getting through the security line without wanting it to move faster! But once you've done that, it gets easier.
    Definitely looking forward to your reunion post and accompanying pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe this is your first time on a plane. I feel like you should have done a test run or something. That is a long flight to be your first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney, yeah, I kind of figured. :)

    Kourtney, thanks.

    Lexa, I know! I feel like I fell into a time warp or something...and I'm so grateful for it. ;)

    Trinity, those are pretty much my thoughts. But it'll be okay...or at least that's what I tell myself. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It definitely sounds like Happy Dance time. :)

    By the way, I tagged you over at my blog. Come to my blog to see what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can feel your excitement building! What a Christmas present he will be! Glad you are getting into the Christmas spirit Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so exciting!!!! You're in the teens!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know exactly what you mean about feeling scared, I used to get really nervous as well but I'm so glad you're excited now :) happy dancing with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarita, I'll get on that ASAP.

    Lyn, those were my thoughts exactly. ;) And the buckets of snow are certainly a help for getting in the Holiday spirit.

    Crazy Shenanigans...yep. :) 18 today!

    Rhianne, oh, excited doesn't even begin to cover it. When a word is invented that adequately describes how I'm feeling I'll get back to you guys. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My boyfriend left for Air Force Boot Camp on Dec. 1. 7 weeks from today he graduates. I can only hope that I can handle everything as gracefully as you have.

    I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats so exciting!

    and ive been on planes since i was born, like someone already mentioned, getting past security is the worst part. i love flying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Catherine, the first few days are the hardest. Keep yourself busy and surround yourself with friends and family. I'm sure you'll make it through just fine. :)

    And don't think I managed to maintain grace and poise all the time. We all have our bad days. I wish you both all the best of luck. ;)

    Sarah, that seems to be a popular thought. Everyone I talk to says the flight is cake once you actually make it to the plane. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have an amazing time! Airplanes are interesting... I used to be terrified until I actually went on one. They're pretty fun, but I flew to Alaska this summer and got altitude sickness from being in the plane too long! But I'm sure it'll be totally worth it! Also, I love airports for some reason. I think they're sort of interesting and almost romantic.

    Also, I wanted to let you know, there's a little tribute to you and your blog on my last post. You were one of the biggest inspirations for me to devote more effort to my blog, and it's been wonderful!

    Have a great end of the semester and Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WHAT a blog discovery today! I came over here from your resolutions on Jen's site and have been surfing through every tab.

    I'm right there with you on a lot of things.

    I am Team Jacob as well - yay!

    I Am The Messenger was AMAZING. I read it during lunch break at work last year.

    My bf and I tried a LDR this semester when I gave grad school a go - the long-distance and grad school ended. I'm back living with him again. I understand the difficulty all too well and I'm impressed by how you've fared.

    I was a feminist all through high school and college (I even shaved my head and was a lesbian for a while) and now am happy living a quiet housewife life (though I still work b/c we need money.)

    Really great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.