Thursday, November 12, 2009

Renovations Complete! (almost)

I am so excited to present to you guys the newly renovated carrotspeak.  =)

I'd been noticing lately that my sidebars were becoming very cluttered, so I set about straightening those up.  There are still a few features I'd like to add, but I couldn't wait to unveil my latest project. 

You'll note that there is now a new navigation bar at the top of the page with lots of options to explore.  They're pretty self explanatory, but I'd like to point out a few things:
  • First, note that on my new Blogroll, I've made an announcement about my new "Blogger of the Month" award.  :)  I am so excited to start this!  I've gained a few awards over the months, but I've never given one of my own.  This is going to be fun. 
  • Next, in my FAQ section I make a reference to my "Sponsers page."  The sponsers page isn't fully functional yet, as I'm still working out the kinks in my sponsering plan.  However, I have definitely decided that I'd love to take on a few.  If you are interested in sponsering carrotspeak, please send me an email so that I can provide you with rates and information for ads, giveaway deals, and features.
  • Third, check out the "Elsewhere" page to see other places I can be found on the web, and please read the information about adding me on MySpace/facebook before you send me a friend request.
I hope you guys enjoy!  I feel like this takes my humble little blog to a whole new level.  This has taken me days to accomplish, and as I said above, I'm not quite done yet.  :)  I still have a few things left to add... 

Don't be shy, let me know what you think!

19 comments:

  1. I love the FAQ design but my favorite tab is the "about". If I make an extra page I think it will be like that. It's easier to have pics of people than constantly having to reference who they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just read through all of the new pages. i love the backgrounds, the title picture things, and just about everything else. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Carrie, the blog looks great! I'm impressed with your marketing & organization. As a new blogger, I get a lot of inspiration from you.

    P.S. I'm holding out hope for the BOTM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, those were my thoughts exactly. That, and it was getting repetetive having to explain the same few things about my life over and over and over...

    Sarah and Mrs. MidAtlantic, thank you!! :)

    ahley, awwww. :) Thanks. Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like, like, like. However, I think the link to your FB is broken. When I clicked on it to try and friend you, it said "Page not found. You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive." Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. rsparks, thanks! I probably did type it wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SWIFT KICK!!!

    Nah, I'm just kidding. I like the new streamlined, symmetrical look. Hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice carrie!!!! just a little tip....the neon green is a bit hard to read....I love teh need more carrot heading though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your blog and love the new layout! you are so creative! and your "words of inspiration" quote is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay - I added you. Let's be FB friends! For some reason, it didn't give me the option to write you a message about who I am, but you can just know that Rachel Sparks is an adoring fan and Carrotspeak follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrie - you've been busy. New home with the apartment and now - new blog digs. The menu was a good idea. One comment I had for you - and I see Jon already made it - was that the neon green is very difficult to read. The menu green at the top is a big better but you may want to consider a darker shade of green. Just my 2 cents worth. So - congratulations on taking your blog to a new level. It has been wonderful watching you on this journey ... I feel like I am watching you grow up before I very eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jon & Lyn, I'll see about fixing that. Thanks for the tip. ;)

    Lyn, you never cease to astound me with your kindness and warmth. Thank you. For everything. :)

    rsparks, I accepted. Thanks for the heads up. :)

    And a big "THANKS!" to everyone else. :) I'm glad you guys approve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jon & Lyn...Let me know if the new colors are better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. mollymouse, I LOVE that quote too. The book is one of my favorites because it's filled with beautiful things like that. You should check it out, and let me know what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. okay I will! I'll add it onto my reading list. I hate how college and work take away my reading time... so much I need to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mollymouse, I can definitely relate. I haven't really read much since summer.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.