Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blog Love

What can I say, the awards just keep coming in.  :)  I have two more to share today.  The first one is this Gorgeous Blogger Award from Avery over at You Don't Know Me.  Isn't this the cutest little award button ever?  This one is as simple as it sounds, you pass it on to other blogs that you find gorgeous. 

Thanks so much Avery!  I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to posting.

The second award comes from a blog that I'm new to, but one that I already love.  Clandestiny from Naked in the Closet is quite the intriguing writer.  Her posts are brilliantly written, entertaining, and thought-provoking, a trifecta that equals perfection in my books.  She is new to the blogging world, revealing bits and pieces of her true identity to us slowly.  ;)  If you haven't stopped by her blog yet, I am highly reccomending that you do so immediately.

I was honored when she gave me this Super Scribbler Award.  (THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!)  This one comes along with these rules:

- Properly thank whoever gave it to you. [check.]
- Snitch the button and put it on your blog. [check.]
- Tell your readers seven things they don't know about you.  [below.]
- Pass it on to seven more blogs.  [below.]
- Notify the winners. [as soon as I post.]

Now the tough part is trying to think of seven things I haven't already told you guys...oh bother.  (Yes, I did just quote Pooh Bear.)

Okay, here goes

  1. I dislike the smell of vanilla scented candles and lotions, but love vanilla ice cream, cake, and just about anything esle vanilla flavored.  It's weird, I know.  I just think the scent is too strong.


  2. I may seem like I have a lot to say here in my own little blog-world, but in real life, I positively shake when put in front of an audience.  Stage fright gets the best of me every time.


  3. If I could be play any character in any movie in the whole wide world, I'd play Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter.  I have always preferred the evil characters to the good ones.  It just seems like they'd be so much more fun to play. 


  4. I do not understand society's idea of what love is.  Nearly everyone around me is in a relationship, but very few of them are really happy.  They bicker constantly, hurt each other without thinking twice, flirt with other people openly, lie about silly things and major issues equally, and show no signs of remorse for any of it.  I cannot even fathom calling a relationship like that "love."  I know that no couple is perfect and that problems will arise, but it seems like most don't even try to make things work.  It's like there is this universal attitude that real love doesn't exist anymore, and that makes me sick.  Real love only ceases to exist when everyone stops believing in it.  We all deserve it, but we also all need to be willing to work for it.  (Am I alone in this?  Anyone else fed up with how ridiculous this is getting?)


  5. I take more responsibility and initiative with this blog than I do with my classes sometimes.  (You guys rock!)


  6. I am addicted to post it notes.  It could become an unhealthy habit...


  7. I read Post Secret because the rare occasional happy secret renews my faith in mankind.  :)

Whew.  That's tougher than you would think.  And now for the nominees!  If you're blog is mentioned here, you may accept the award of your choice, and if you prefer not to, that's fine too.  I just thought you guys deserved the shout out.  :)

Nicole Addison from my teacups in peony
Elaine from A Heart 4 Heaven
Heather from Heather & Rick.
Amy from My LaLa Land
Natalie at Nat The Fat Rat
Postman from The Sentitous Vaunter

--

Also, some of you may remember Rachel from Confessions of a Virgin Blogger.  I showcased her here during the last awards post.  She is starting up a new blog project that I think is fabulous!  She's heading Prom No Go, a place for all those crazy prom photos you vowed you'd never show anyone.  ...except you have to show them.  On the internet.  It's for the good of society.  Everybody knows that laughter makes you live longer.  :)  For more details, or to submit your incredibly awful photos, click here

18 comments:

  1. hey you! aw ive been at home all day feeling sick but this just made me smile:) im happy we came across each other in this big ol blog world! and your little note about love.. i completely and fully agree. josh and i (the boyfriend) talk constantly about this subject. we both have friends that claim to be in love, yet do not hesitate to flirt/dance with other people, or even go so far as talk badly about their "loved" one. i'm not perfectionist when it comes to my own relationship, but i try my hardest to make josh happy. and it seems as the world is turning love into just the idea of being with someone, rather than an actual serious relationship. whew, i could go on about that forever! hehe. anyways, thanks for the award again hun, ill be sure to pull together an awards post soon:) xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I'm glad it made you smile, and I hope you feel better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, blog love! Lay it on me! I accept with good grace (I hope). Thanks ever so much for the nomination. I'm truly honored, honestly. I'm glad that you thought of me.

    I'd go on, but I'd start to sound like a celebrity getting an Oscar, so I'll quit while I'm ahead and go with the old classic: Thank you.

    Good grief, though. NOW I have to figure out who I'm going to pass it on to. I'm only following, like, I don't know...eleven blogs or something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, so nice to see appreciation for your blog being expressed! Congratulations ... you give big love and then you get big love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, your blog is so refreshing since I'm so old. I can tell you the world is changing and there does seem to be fewer in it that are truly in love. There are also plenty of people that do know what it means to love genuinely. Do yourself and Kyle a big favor and surround yourselves with these people. Not the bickering flirts. You're a very lucky person to know yourself so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your awards! Way to go! Can't wait to check out the ones you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on all the awards. Thanks for some great links too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the award Carrie :) I'll sort this out next week. I know what you mean about love, sometimes I think people want to be in love so much that they label something as love even though it isn't. I guess we are just lucky to have found the real thing :)

    and I love post it notes too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Postman and Rhianne, you're welcome! Your blogs are both really great. :)

    And thanks everyone for the 'congratulation's! :)

    Julie, thank you. And I know those people are out there, it just seems like they're becoming few and far between. In fact, I can only vouch for one other couple that seems to have the idea. :/ It makes me sad...I feel like so many people are missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I deserve the "Awesome Blog" award. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ryan: hahaha. Just for that, go ahead and take it. It is rather fitting. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww thanks for the blog love <3 I need to check out those prom a no go photos haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow I just now got around to reading this! I've been such a slacker lately. But thank you so much for the award. You are a sweetheart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy, you're very welcome. I hadn't seen a new post up for a few days so I figured you were busy. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.