Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Behold: Courtney's Epic Birthday Post

This past Saturday was a very important day.  It was so important, in fact, that we started celebrating it on Friday.  :)

[gift #1 = Coldplay]

Happy 22nd Birthday Courtney!

Courtney's birthday lasted the entire weekend.  She got to open one gift each day from Friday until Sunday, and on Sunday Kylie and I threw her a tea party dinner party.  (Psh.  You all know we're to old for tea parties.  Maybe.  Kind of.  But not really.)

[gift #2 = one of a kind coasters from B.B. Bellezza's lovley Etsy Shop.]

Ryan (the husband) took her out for a lovely evening Saturday, and they looked so smashing that I had to take some photos.


For the previously mentioned tea, uh, I mean, dinner party on Sunday, Kylie and I prepared a smorgasboard of delights.



[Yes, those are indeed home made tacos and pizza, and yes, the cookies were fabulous.]


[Courtney is not a fan of cake.  So she had a birthday cheesecake instead.]

It went off without a hitch.  In fact, Kyle even dropped in via webcam for a bit.  :)


And look at Courtney and Ryan's sensational party outfits.  Aren't they perfect?!?!


Courtney recently did a blog post about some of her favorite childhood toys that have been lost over the years.  She's been looking to try to regain some of them, and luckily for her I happened to have one of them.  By some divine act of God I was able to keep it a secret until her birthday.

[gift #3 = Polly Pockets.  Only the coolest toy on the planet.]

Now then, please leave some love for my soon-to-be-new-big-sister Courtney on her birthday! (Okay, okay, late birthday.)  =]

25 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Courtney. Looks like you had a blast and you looked great in your party outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an amazing birthday! I LOVE the Polly Pockets. I used to have tons of those when I was younger. (Which reminds me, I have received Play-Doh as a Christmas gift from someone for the last three years...) I would also have to add that I simply love Coldplay. They are my favorite band, and have been since "Clocks." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Carrie you are so sweet and kind. You must have made her feel so special on her birthday. Thats so cute that Kyle stopped by even if it was via webcame at least he got to say hello. I am sure that brightened his day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sweeet. Looks like she had a fabulous day. I sure hope she did!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, you're amazing. Thank you so much for helping make this the very best birthday ever. I'm so glad the stars aligned, you fell in love with Kyle, and we became best friends.

    Bahaha... now I have to think of ways to make your birthday extra special next year... muahahaha... I'm thinking pink taffeta and side pony tails. '80s party? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait... you'll most likely be in Germany by then... BLOGGER PARTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney: Blogger Party? Oh my my my... That could be seriously amazing. ;)

    But you know, theoretically it could take up to three months for me to make it to Germany. So it's possible that I'll still be around. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are killing me with those homeade tacos! yuuuum!! it looks like she had an awesome day:) you're such a sweet friend/future sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the compliments guys. :) You all are pretty sweet yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Rush of Blood to the Head! Good album.

    That looked like one blast of a birthday party, webcam and all. Good on you, that's enough for a month of Making-A-Difference Mondays.

    And by the way, I would SO come to a Blogger Party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Postman, you are hereby invited to the theoretical Blogger Party. You know, if it actually happens. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it's happening... I'm not sure of the logistics yet, but it's definitely happening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Courtney, I just read the interview questions on Stephenie Meyer's website. Can I just say, "OhmigodOhmigodOhmigod!!!" I almost sqealed in my office. That would not have been pretty.

    I'm not sure which answer I'm most excited about, actually.

    (I know it was off topic. I just had to tell you.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAYAYAYAYAYA!!! happy birthday courtney! looks like you celebrated right :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, Carrie, did you get a message on MSN from me last night asking if you were awake because I was excited about Twilight? lmao, that Q/A post is what did the trick. I squealed while Ryan was watching Star Trek. lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. To everyone that wished me a happy birthday, THANK YOU!!! :) It really was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy bday to your soon-to-be-new-big-sister courtney!

    loves

    ReplyDelete
  18. Courtney, yep. That's what tipped me off. I was awake, but I was out with Kylie and Machaela. :/ I think the one about The Host becoming a trilogy was the best...

    ReplyDelete
  19. polly pockets!!! classic :) i remember asking for those during my birthday all the time! toys that fit in your pocket? nothing beats that!

    leethroughthelens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your dinner party looks so cute, and birthday cheesecake sounds amazing :) I adore Polly Pockets, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chidren of the 90s: Don't all of us 90s kids? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy belated birthday!
    Carrie, I have to say, I thought those cookies were pancakes at first! Hahaha, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lol. That's okay, they were pretty huge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. (so way behind!!!)Looks like it was such a fun birthday! And thanks for mentioning the coasters! I hope she loved them!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.