Just when I start to think the attention is beginning to slack off, Jessica from Just Another Day and Nikke from Just Nikke stop by to leave me these lovely awards! Thank you so much you guys! I can't stress enough how much all the kind comments, emails and awards mean to me. I have dreamed of being a writer my entire life, so having this blog be so well received means the world to me. (Not to mention how nice it's been to have advice and support while I'm going through such a whirl-wind of changes...)
The first award, Jessica's "Over the Top," award, comes with these rules: 1) Nominate 5 other blogs to share the award with.
2) Answer a questionaire using only one word for each answer.
Nikke's "Best Blog Award" dictates that I follow these steps to accept: 1) Post the award on your blog, along with a link to the person who gave it to you. 2) Pass the award on to 15 other wonderful blogs. 3) Let the winners know they've been nominated.
I'm at a loss for who to give which award, and which 20 blogs I feel are the most noteworthy, and so here is what I've decided... If your blog is listed in my right side bar, you are eligible to accept the award of your choosing and pass it on to another group of worthy candidates as per the award's directions. :) I fully support all of the blogs in my sidebar and would love to see each and every one of them adopt one of these awards. If you haven't checked out the sidebar list, do so immediately! You won't regret it.
There are, however, a few blogs that I've recently discovered which I'd like to give a bit of special attention. The best part of all this hype from becoming a Blog of Note has been the exposure to so many new wonderful writers! These bloggers are exceptional, and I am so very glad to have found them:
1) Alex and Mina from ...sending postcards -- The lovely Canadian couple Mina and Alex write a fascinating blog that chronicles their adventures doing something most of us will only ever dream about. They're leaving home to travel the world together. Their blog is simple and honest, and full of contagious optimism. I love it to pieces, and I bet you will too. :)
2) rsparks from Confessions of a Virgin Blogger -- This is the blog of fresh-out-of-the-classroom English degree graduate who writes with a fresh, contemporary view of the world. Her blog is straight forward and packed with just enough sarcasm to be delightfully entertaining. She's relatively new to the blogging world, but is well-deserving of your love and attention. :)
3) Fernanda from Ferni's Food -- Ferni is the author of the first (and so far, only) recipe blog I ever fell in love with. The dishes she prepares always look amazing, and the recipes are the perfect balance of simplicity and decadance. Nothing is difficult to understand, and everything is irresistable. This CSU student knows her way around the kitchen! Ferni, dear, if you're ever in my area and want to team up for a home-cooked lunch, all you have to do is say the word. You're welcome in my kitchen anytime. ;)
4) Meg from The Wild and Wily Ways of a Brunette Bombshell -- Meg is a girl after my own heart. She's a hopeless romantic living a fabulous life in NYC and writing beautiful letters to the future-husband she hasn't found yet. Her blog is sweet and endearing, but it packs a heavy punch that you don't expect at first glance. The punch comes in the form of brutal honesty, and I find it immensely refreshing. :)
5) Lastly, each and every one of the blogs found in my "Military Girls" section deserve your support and admiration. Their blogs have been inspiring me since day one of my own journey into Army-wife-land. Stop by for a moment and leave them some much-deserved love. It makes their day just as much as it does mine, I'm sure. :)
And now for the real fun... Without any further ado, here is my completed one-word-only questionaire from Jessica's award. If any of you pick up this award, don't forget to fill this out! I can't wait to see how other people answer..
1. Where is your cell phone - desk.
2. Your hair - brown.
3. Your Mother - strong.
4. Your Father - hard working.
5. Your favorite food - pasta.
6. Your dream last night - unremembered.
7. Your favorite drink - tea.
8. Your dream/goal - publication.
9. What room are you in - dorm.
10. Your hobby -writing.
11. Your fear -lonliness.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? - home.
13. Where were you last night? - dorm.
14. Something you aren't? -patient.
15. Muffins? -strawberry.
16. Wish List item? -locket.
17. Where did you grow up? -Kentucky.
18. Last thing you did? -conversed.
19. What are you wearing? -hoodie.
20. Your TV? -off.
21. Your pets? -fuzzy.
22. Your friends? -supportive.
23. Your life? -developing.
24. Your Mood? -pensive.
25. Missing someone? -Kyle. :(
26. vehicle? -despicable.
27. Something you're not wearing? -shoes.
28. Your favorite store? -Hastings.
29. Your favorite color? -teal.
30. When was the last time you laughed? -today.
31. Last time you cried? -today.
32. Your best friend? -two.
33. One place that I go over and over? -Courtney's. :)
34. One person who emails me regularly? -Courtney.
35. Favorite place to eat? - Subway!