Thursday, October 15, 2009

More Awards

Just when I start to think the attention is beginning to slack off, Jessica from Just Another Day and Nikke from Just Nikke stop by to leave me these lovely awards!  Thank you so much you guys!  I can't stress enough how much all the kind comments, emails and awards mean to me.  I have dreamed of being a writer my entire life, so having this blog be so well received means the world to me.  (Not to mention how nice it's been to have advice and support while I'm going through such a whirl-wind of changes...)

The first award, Jessica's "Over the Top," award, comes with these rules: 
1) Nominate 5 other blogs to share the award with. 
2) Answer a questionaire using only one word for each answer.  


Nikke's "Best Blog Award" dictates that I follow these steps to accept:
1) Post the award on your blog, along with a link to the person who gave it to you.
2) Pass the award on to 15 other wonderful blogs.
3) Let the winners know they've been nominated.

I'm at a loss for who to give which award, and which 20 blogs I feel are the most noteworthy, and so here is what I've decided...  If your blog is listed in my right side bar, you are eligible to accept the award of your choosing and pass it on to another group of worthy candidates as per the award's directions. :)  I fully support all of the blogs in my sidebar and would love to see each and every one of them adopt one of these awards.  If you haven't checked out the sidebar list, do so immediately!  You won't regret it. 

There are, however, a few blogs that I've recently discovered which I'd like to give a bit of special attention.  The best part of all this hype from becoming a Blog of Note has been the exposure to so many new wonderful writers!  These bloggers are exceptional, and I am so very glad to have found them:

1) Alex and Mina from ...sending postcards --  The lovely Canadian couple Mina and Alex write a fascinating blog that chronicles their adventures doing something most of us will only ever dream about.  They're leaving home to travel the world together.  Their blog is simple and honest, and full of contagious optimism.  I love it to pieces, and I bet you will too.  :)

2)  rsparks from Confessions of a Virgin Blogger --  This is the blog of fresh-out-of-the-classroom English degree graduate who writes with a fresh, contemporary view of the world.  Her blog is straight forward and packed with just enough sarcasm to be delightfully entertaining.  She's relatively new to the blogging world, but is well-deserving of your love and attention.  :)

3)  Fernanda from Ferni's Food -- Ferni is the author of the first (and so far, only) recipe blog I ever fell in love with.  The dishes she prepares always look amazing, and the recipes are the perfect balance of simplicity and decadance.  Nothing is difficult to understand, and everything is irresistable.  This CSU student knows her way around the kitchen!  Ferni, dear, if you're ever in my area and want to team up for a home-cooked lunch, all you have to do is say the word.  You're welcome in my kitchen anytime. ;)

4)  Meg from The Wild and Wily Ways of a Brunette Bombshell -- Meg is a girl after my own heart.  She's a hopeless romantic living a fabulous life in NYC and writing beautiful letters to the future-husband she hasn't found yet.  Her blog is sweet and endearing, but it packs a heavy punch that you don't expect at first glance.  The punch comes in the form of brutal honesty, and I find it immensely refreshing.  :)

5) Lastly, each and every one of the blogs found in my "Military Girls" section deserve your support and admiration.  Their blogs have been inspiring me since day one of my own journey into Army-wife-land.  Stop by for a moment and leave them some much-deserved love.  It makes their day just as much as it does mine, I'm sure.  :)

And now for the real fun...  Without any further ado, here is my completed one-word-only questionaire from Jessica's award.  If any of you pick up this award, don't forget to fill this out!  I can't wait to see how other people answer..

1. Where is your cell phone - desk.
2. Your hair - brown.
3. Your Mother - strong.
4. Your Father - hard working.
5. Your favorite food - pasta.
6. Your dream last night - unremembered.
7. Your favorite drink - tea.
8. Your dream/goal - publication.
9. What room are you in - dorm.
10. Your hobby -writing.
11. Your fear -lonliness.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? -  home.
13. Where were you last night? - dorm.
14. Something you aren't? -patient.
15. Muffins? -strawberry. 
16. Wish List item? -locket.
17. Where did you grow up? -Kentucky.
18. Last thing you did? -conversed.
19. What are you wearing? -hoodie.
20. Your TV? -off.
21. Your pets? -fuzzy.
22. Your friends? -supportive.
23. Your life? -developing.
24. Your Mood? -pensive.
25. Missing someone? -Kyle.  :(
26. vehicle? -despicable.
27. Something you're not wearing? -shoes.
28. Your favorite store? -Hastings.
29. Your favorite color? -teal.
30. When was the last time you laughed? -today.
31. Last time you cried? -today.
32. Your best friend? -two.
33. One place that I go over and over? -Courtney's.  :)
34. One person who emails me regularly? -Courtney.
35. Favorite place to eat? - Subway! 

14 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fav food is pasta?
    I love them too..
    And it is my 1st dish that i cooked all by myself!
    (Well, with the help of my friends under my instruction)

    I just cooked them on Tuesday..
    You can read the full report here..
    http://ainayasminzulhaime.blogspot.com/
    LOL~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very saddened by the site of not being in the side bar, but that's ok because I'd rather have people to read about then people pay attention to me. :)
    You have been a wonderful source of enjoyment, through and through keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your post and I am so touched that you put me in your top five. I am glad that you like my blog *beaming smile*. It means SO MUCH because food bloggin' is a lot more work than I ever imagined! And I think as bloggers those pats on the back are so meaningful. So with a warm heart and sincerity I would like to Thank You. I am lovin' the positive vibes I get from reading your page. : )

    P.s If I am ever in Kentucky I am definitely down for a cooking adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the shout-out! I'm so honored. You definitely made my week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me that awesome comment.
    It means a lot.
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your profile, and I love that you are so in love, its great, and thanks for stopping by and dropping a wonderful comments. I did take your advise. check it out. I hope you will soon be showing pictures of re uniting with your love :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh thank you thank you thank you! i don't think i've ever read a lovelier account of my blog. so thank you a million times over, this means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yasmin: I am a pasta addict. :) I don't think I've tried one yet that I didn't love instantly.

    Ferni: Aw. :) Thank you.

    rsparks and Nikke: You're welcome. :D

    Tzippy: Thanks so much. :) And I did check it out. I understand much better now, and I think you're off to a great start!

    Meg: You're welcome. :) You deserve the attention!

    Crazy Shenanigans: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for putting my on your side bar. I've noticed that before and forgot to mention how great I think it is! :) I love your blog and great job on all the awards! Keep it up girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm I also LOVE pasta and Tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i hope those tears today were tears of happiness. no likey sad tears and LOOK you're so loved! look at all those awards. there's a reason why you get them.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.