Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'm Dreaming

Outside it's a perfect autumn day.  It's warm, but with a crisp breeze that begs for sweaters and boots.  The leaves are exploding into a grand finale of color for which the sky provides a brilliant background.  Campus is picturesque.  There were literally boys tossing a football and girls braiding each other's hair in the grass.  While part of me is trying to take all this in, memorize my last Kentucky autumn for two years, another part is already dreaming of...

[Paris, France]
  ...kisses at the Eiffel Tower.

[Alcazar Castle; Segovia, Spain]
...adventures in enchanted castles.

[Temple of Concord; Agrigento, Italy]
...exploring ancient worlds.


[Louvre Museum; Paris, France]
...seeing things I've only ever dreamed of.

[Sistine Chapel; Rome, Italy]
...experiencing a masterpiece.

[Harbor Town of Yialos, Island of Symi, Greece]
...watching the sun rise over the ocean.

{Neuschwanstein Castle; Bavaria, Germany]
...pretending I'm a princess.

[Hallstatt, Austria]
...exploring adorable villages.

[Lindisfarne Priory, Northumberland, England]
...meeting ghosts, or at least hearing stories about them.

[Monch and Eiger, Grosse Scheidegg, Switzerland]
...seeing real mountains.

[Loch Ness, Scottish Highlands]
...and, of course, searching for Nessie. :)

And don't think I won't be trying to find my way into the Ministry of Magic.  ;)

But mostly?


Mostly I'm just deaming of being back with him.  :)

21 comments:

  1. Love these pictures! It is really something to dream about. To some of these places I have already been to and can only say...definitely worth a visit (again!) ;)
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I can only imagine. I can't wait to actually be there... It's going to be such a surreal feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, you made me tear up a little. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, no tearing. :/ Not allowed. I you start tearing, then I start tearing, and we all know that when I start to tear it doesn't stop. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NESSIE! I want to find nessie too (: erm and I too want to pretend to be a princess at that castle in germany! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh I want to be in all those places. There is nothing quite like daydreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I don't care what you say, I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures!!!

    You have GO TO ITALY!!!
    SO pretty.
    I went for my 16th birthday.

    Sistine Chapel is more gorgeous in real life! GO to Venice, or the Island of Capri. OR Sorrento.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adele: :) We should dress up in old fashioned princess dresses and go on a tour together. Lol.

    Stevi: Agreed. :) It makes a dull class oh so wonderful...

    Courntey: :/ I'm accepting that you're only talking about the travel opportunities and forgiving other connotations of the sentence. Lol. ;)

    Catherine: Italy is definitely high up on my places-to-visit list. :) It's just under France, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know how you feel. I dream of all those things too... but it wouldn't be much to dream about without the one you love with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, I loved this post! I hope you get to go to all those places!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photo of Neuschwanstein Castle; Bavaria, Germany nearly took my breath away! There's something about old world Europe that simply just gets in the heart and tugs on the strings. It's going to be a beautiful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, of course. You include a picture of Monch and Eiger but Jungfrau just gets scratched right off the list, doesn't it?

    Nah, I'm just kidding. You're right, I'd like to see some real mountains too. The Rockies got old real fast. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the things you want to see either...but I'm more of a wilderness type myself. A very evocative post you have here. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Great pictures and great things to dream about. Absoultely beautiful! Time for me to travel, maybe when the kids are grown! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sandra: I completely agree. :)

    Postman: Why thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you're coming over to the UK, make sure you pack an umbrella!
    Best wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. KY will always be here waiting for you. Seeing the world is the best gift you can give yourself. It is much more beautiful in person, trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your collection is good
    . You include a picture of Monch and Eiger but Jungfrau just gets scratched right off the list, doesn't it?

    Nah, I'm just kidding. You're right, I'd like to see some real mountains too. The Rockies got old real fast. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the things you want to see either...but I'm more of a wilderness type myself. A very evocative post you have here. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "Oh, of course. You include a picture of Monch and Eiger but Jungfrau just gets scratched right off the list, doesn't it?

    Nah, I'm just kidding. You're right, I'd like to see some real mountains too. The Rockies got old real fast. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the things you want to see either...but I'm more of a wilderness type myself. A very evocative post you have here. Well done."
    -Postman.


    "Your collection is good
    . You include a picture of Monch and Eiger but Jungfrau just gets scratched right off the list, doesn't it?

    Nah, I'm just kidding. You're right, I'd like to see some real mountains too. The Rockies got old real fast. I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the things you want to see either...but I'm more of a wilderness type myself. A very evocative post you have here. Well done."
    -Prachi Jatin

    Comment plagerism? Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.