Friday, October 23, 2009

Crisis Averted

There is something about my fiance that I haven't told you...

He has the absolute best luck of anyone I've ever met.  Ever.  The day he buys a lottery ticket is the day I'll start shopping for my dream home.  It's uncanny, really, how fortunate he is. 

He's the only person I know that could compose an entire senior portfolio in one night and still manage to get a passing score.  He can speed down the highway at nearly 100mph and never get a ticket.  He never ever makes a plan for anything, and yet everything always works out without a hitch.  He hardly ever gets sick, and on the rare occasion that he does, it lasts no longer than a day.  He once drove my car from my hometown to campus and back while the you're-about-to-run-out-of-gas-you-idiot light was on without running out and being stuck on the side of the road.  He can ingest copious amounts of chocolate cake, oreos, ice cream, milk, pizza and tacos without gaining a single ounce.  (I'm more than a little jealous of that particular talent.)

It gets even better, too.  The following scenario is a typical example of Kyle's luck:

During my first semester on campus, while Kyle was still enrolled at Eastern with me, someone broke into my car and stole my stereo system.  It kind of broke my heart a little.  I lost some of my faith in people that day.  That same night, someone broke into Kyle's car, but they didn't take anything.  Instead they left him an iPod.  Go figure.  (He then turned the iPod in at the campus police station.  He's too sweet for his own good.  :] )

Yes, he leads a blessed life, and apparently being his fiancee gives me the privilege of siphoning off some of that luck.  A phone call was made to my phone company this week in which my miserable case was pleaded.  During this phone call it was discovered that a) Kyle's calls placed to me are free of charge.  b) with an international calling plan (for only $5/month) the rate for my placed calls to Germany is only $.26/minute.  and c) people will pull strings for a military fiancee friend of Kyle's.  They agreed to back-date the international calling plan to cover all the other calls we'd placed this month.  Thank you, AT&T.  You are hereby publically redeemed and forever rid of the title "evil bloodsucking cell-phone company."   

So, my expenses have been reduced to less than a third of my previous total, and it's all being written off to the fact that Kyle, being Kyle and all, has wonderful luck.  :)  There are perks to my lonely situation. 

---

On a completely unrelated note, I was checking out the Live Traffic Feed today and noticed this location:  Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.  Never have I ever heard of this one before, and never will I ever be able to pronounce it.  Anyhow, welcome Thiruvananthapuram-ian visitor!  I'm glad you stopped by.  :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

19 comments:

  1. Good for you! Glad you got the bill down. Looks like you picked a great guy with a lot of blessings!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, kyle IS lucky. i'm the opposite of that. if something should go wrong, it will. i spill, i trip, i fall, i lose, i get tickets, i never find money, etc.

    oh well...at least someone's getting some of kyle's luck :)

    have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Today has been a day of blessings! Your phone billed practically got wiped, mine did too. Loving today and you should too. Kyle is such a lucky guy because he has you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Take it from me, because I work in the wireless industry and I know these things...you are VERY lucky. I hear horror stories almost on a daily bases of huge bills that people have to practually sell their soul to pay off. This industry is not very forgiving! So feel lucky and blessed! Thats really good that they cut you a break and that you found a plan to work for ya'll. No more stressing about that at least. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am really impressed with what AT&T did, kind of cool of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell yes. GO A&T. :) That's awsome. I don't know if I believe in "luck" though.. mabey chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's ridiculous how effin' lucky he is. Really. Try growing up eating leafy greens and gaining weight like crazy while your brother scarfs large pizzas whole and actually LOSES weight. Ri-diculous.

    I am lucky where money is concerned, though. I never seem to have any but when I need it, it appears. We're both gifted in that sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, if only the rest of us could be that lucky...

    Glad to hear about the phone bill - now you'll be able to call him and not feel bad about it at all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great! I'm glad that you were able to get the charges lowered!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,thanks for our comment you left the other day :)

    You got the bill down,that's good!

    Have wonderful weekend ahead! :D

    xxx TheLittleFlower

    ReplyDelete
  11. Typo error,sorry!

    *thanks for your comment...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. perhaps some of kyle's luck will rub off on you

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's brilliant! :) Something always turns up in the end. So glad it worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear it worked out! I'll bet that feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky Kyle :)

    You will be amazed at how much is offered to military members and their families. Discounts, free stuff, deals. I have been trying to get in the habit of asking places if they give a military discount because some don't tell you unless you ask.

    I have a whole new respect for AT&T now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Carrie,
    Thiruvananthapuram is the capital of the state of Kerala( God's Own Country) in India. I myself happen to be a Keralite and have been following your blog ever since your blog was selected as a 'Blog of Note' :)
    Hope I gave you some reasons to be proud of :) Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mayra: Haha, me too. I can find something to trip on no matter how flat the surface appears at first glance. ;)

    Elizabeth: Thanks for the info! :) I actually meant to look that up and then forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hhaha I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks AT&T is a bloodsucking phone company! You got very lucky with the bill, I hope it continues!

    I'm jealous of Kyle's good luck, I could use some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jessica: I'm hoping this keeps up too! I could get used to this "things just always work out" thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.