Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hear ye! Hear ye!

I've been waiting to tell you all about a very special project that Whitney from "A cheery disposition" and I have been working on this month.  I've been looking for something else to keep me busy while Kyle is away, and I've decided that I'd like to manage my very own blogger bookclub.  Whitney had been hosting a bookclub of her own for similar motives.  Her boyfriend is a real life guitar hero.  He's away doing his guitar hero thing quite a bit, leaving Whitney in a state very much like mine (with a lot of time to kill), and so we've teamed up to bring you...

*drumroll, please*


Page Turners Book Club!  This is where the two of us will bring all of you book-lovers together to read and discuss books of your choosing.  Today is the official opening of our club.  To join, simply follow our Page Turners Book Club blog and vote for which books you'd like to see on our reading list on the poll on its left sidebar.  :) 

We're kicking things off in October by reading Seth Graham-Smith's Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  This book is exactly what you think it is:  Jane Austen's timeless romantic remade with the added adventure of an angry zombie mob.  It should be a lot of fun to discuss!  I'm especially interested to know how you guys feel about modern authors tampering with a classic.  After this month's selection, we'll only read books that are decided upon by popular vote.    

We're so excited to get started, and we'd love to have you all on board.  So if you're interested, pop on over to our blog to read all about how our book club works and to see what's up for the reading list.  Feel free to email me any questions, or to suggest new titles for the poll.  I can't wait to see how this goes!   

22 comments:

  1. You've got my attention and already my following!! Yay for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to form/join a bookclub for ages but nobody reads the same books I do. This is great, I'm sooo in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been wanting to join a book club, but i'm not sure if i have the time with everything else going on :/. i really really want to read that book (ive wanted to for about a year though, but can never bring myself to buy it) so i think this might be fate or something...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you guys are interested! I've been waiting for a while to read this book and I really can't wait to talk about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you read the first half at least a day or two before the 15th so I can borrow it.

    I'm almost done with Sense, Sensibility, and Sea Monsters. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I just bought this book and have been wanting to move it higher up my reading list. Now I have an excuse. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I can try to keep up with this book club... I subscribed to Real Simple's, but I have yet to read a book! This will help me to read more too (other than blogs), which I've set my mind to do as soon as I buy books!

    Thanks for starting this Carrie, and I hope it fulfills its purpose for you and more!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds super fun and I've heard great things about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to get in on this... I really do. I have insance commitment issues, but I think I'm going for it. When are we starting this one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica: We start reading this one on October 1st, but remember, we don't have our first discussion (of the first half) until the 15th. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That book looks so funny! Bit bizarre. You should put a link to some online bookstore on your blog- some of your readers may need to import!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Purple Orchid: You're absolutely right. :) If anyone wants a link to a bookstore where this book can be found, click here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carrie, I hope you are doing OK and that your goodbye wasn't too painful. I love that you are digging into something you are interested in now that Kyle has left. Thinking about you ... : )
    Luv from a fellow book lover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome idea, and what a great first book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this book at the bookstore and thought it looked interesting. I may go out and buy it! Love your site, keep up the good work.

    http://harlemshaterade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lyn, I'm doing about at well as I possibly can at the moment. A post about the goodbyes is coming later tonight. And so that it's not too much of a downer, I'm throwing in some happy pictures. ;)

    I so glad that everyone is excited about this book! I really can't wait to discuss it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great way to spend your time...reading! i always enjoy hearing about good books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great idea! i've secretly wanted to be part of a book club!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have seen other people reading this book at my local coffee shop and they just rave over it. Must get it, glad to see a good review here.
    Oh by the way I love your blog, it is extremely well composed

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.