Thursday, September 24, 2009

Blogging Award #2

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Ahem.  Sorry.  I'm just a tad bit excited.  This is only the second one of these awards that I've recieved, and I couldn't be more honored.  (Plus, this has brought me out of my short-lived depression-esque funk.  So I'm double happy) 

This particular award was granted to me by the lovely Zen Mama.  When I stopped by her blog to pick up my award, I read two paragraphs and was hooked.  Seriously, if you haven't met her yet, get over there right now.  Her blog is wonderful.  It feels real and honest in a way that many blogs these days do not.  It's safe to say I'm a new fan.  Thank you so so so much, Zen Mama, for giving me this award, and for introducing me to yet another blog that I can't seem to get enough of.  ;)

Now to the award ceremony:

*My blog is now transformed into a magnificent stage, on which I stand holding a trophy in one hand and an envelop in the other...*

The rules for the Kreativ Blogger award are as follows:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

I think we're down to number 4 in the list now, aren't we?  Yes.  Okay.

Seven interesting (maybe) facts about me, Carrie Chaney, the dull-ish girl from Kentucky who somehow stumbled into the internet and found a following by a wonderfully happy accident:

1) I can wiggle my ears.  A few people are jealous of that.  I really don't understand how some people can't do it...  I don't remember not being able to move them at will, so it's really hard for me to explain how it works.

2) I am terrified of snakes and the dark, and especially both at once.  It kills me to have to walk across my mom's front yard at night.  She lives a good distance out in the country, and it's easy to imagine something slithering through the grass.  Sometimes as I'm pulling into her driveway at night, I imagine how horrible it would be to step on a snake in her yard and I make my self so terrified that by the time I get out I have to sprint to the front door.  No joke.  Feel free to laugh.

3) I don't like scary movies, or most comedies.  Scary movies are one of two things:  A) Pathetic -- not scary in the least, illogical, and containing far too much profanity/nudity; or B) Terrifying -- giving me nightmares for weeks.  I'm not a fan of either.  Some comedy is okay...but I find that I don't really like most of the newer comedies because (just like with the newer horror films) they're just too crude for my tastes.  Maybe I'm a bit more traditional than I like to think, but I guess I just feel that too much profanity and nudity absolutely ruins an otherwise decent plot. :/  ...and I think my sense of humor just isn't in sync with the rest of the world's. 

4) I'm a sucker for a happy ending.  Be it a book, movie, or love song, if everyone goes home happy in the end then I'll be smiling.

5) I'll never be able to hold down a diet for long because I can't go without my orange soda.  It will be my downfall someday I'm sure. 

6) I've wanted to be a writer for as much of my life as I can remember.  It's been my constant dream.  Having so many of you wonderful followers makes me happier than you can imagine.  :)  Thanks again, guys.  If you search around here a bit, you'll find lots of old poems and stories that I've shared.   

7) I want to adopt at least one of my future children. 

...aaand now, the moment you've all been waiting for:  THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE AWARD WINNERS!  I hereby bestow the Kreativ Blogger award upon the following bloggers:

1) Iida, from with my head in the clouds... -- Iida is one of the most gifted writers I've met thus far.  Her blog is filled with poetry and short tidbits of writing that never fail to astound me.  Her photography is phenomenal as well.  Head on over and get to know her before she becomes overwhelmingly famous. 

2) Trinity, from Newt the Wonder Frog's Lily Pad -- Trinity's blog always brightens my day.  He's attempting to make his way through "the book."  "The book" is acutally titled This Book Will Change Your Life.  It gives him both ridiculous and surprising tasks to complete, and he blogs all about it.  I'm not so sure if the book will change his life (other than by giving him a hard time for a year) but his writing about it certainly changed my blogging experience for the better.  :)

3) Jessica, from Learning As We Go -- Jessica is an Army wife, who, as her title suggests, is learning as she goes.  Her blog documents her life and all its ups and downs and in-betweens.  She's one of the sweetest people I've ever met, and deserves your attention.  Go and say hello!

4) Mayra, from Life is bananas. -- Mayra lives life BOLD like no other.  She has more fun in one of her fabulous weekends than should be legal, shares my passion for shopping, has a wicked sense of humor, and can always put a smile on my face.  What else can you ask for in blog-land, hmm?   What's that?  Fabulous taste in shoes, you say?  Well she has that too.  Now go on; go and show her some love. 

5) Jasmine, from An Experiment in Poverty -- Jasmine blogs about her sensational life in Long Beach with her husband Levi.  Jasmine's blog started as a coping mechanism for their not-so-great financial state, but has turned into one of the most amazing blogs I've found yet.  I'm glad to report that they're doing much better now, and that we get to follow along to hear all about it.

6) Kattrina, from 365 Days of Happiness -- The title of this one expains itself.  Kattrina is spending a year in happiness and documenting each day of it! 

7) Megan, from Army, Alaska, Life -- Megan is another Army wife, and an absolute inspiration.  She handles this lifestyle far better than I think I'll ever be able.  Her blog is simple and honest, and resonates with warmth that can only come straight from the heart.

Well, there you have it, folks.  Congratulations to you lovely ladies and one gentleman who've been selected!  I look forward to reading your acceptance speeches.  ;) 

Have a marvelous day, everyone! 


23 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Thank you so very much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. You're very welcome. It was called the "creative" blogger award. It practically had your name on it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYE!!! LOVE AWARDS!!!

    congrats to you lady. well deserved and thank you for passing it on to me. oh and the kind words. you're the SWEETEST!!!


    have a fabulous day! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you and you're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Thanks girl! I'm reposting now. Gives me something to do while I'm standing around watching the movers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to this award thing, I only have a couple myself and haven't had the chance to pass any on so this is much appreciated. I will get on posting this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica: You're welcome! :)

    Trinity: I'm pretty new to this too, no worries. :) Can't wait to hear what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha3..
    congrats for receiving that 'Kreativ Blogger' Award..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the very kind review of my blog. I'm so happy the award helped to cheer you up during a difficult time. Also, I am loving your nominees!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award. You have a very interesting blog. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats little sister! And woo-hoo to the nominees! I've been blog surfing for the past 2 hours now... muahah, and I'm being paid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your award!! It is well deserved! I also hate scary movies..I cant shut my brain down.
    Have a great Day!!

    http://mybde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Carrie! Well done! I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, am a recipient of the Kreative Blogger award! It made me so happy to see that others appreciate what I share. :) I am one of many who say, "Congratulations!" I look forward to checking out the blogs you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats! you deserve it! i also am TERRIFIED of snakes, but not as much a spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the award. :) Someone actually handed me that very award yesterday, coincidentally!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!! Congratulations Carrie. I am lovin watching you get you the recognition you deserve. Yay!! (Did I say that already?)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your award! And thanks sooo much for passing it on to me. Totally unexpected but a true honor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Carrie! Another good thing has come your way. I enjoy reading your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on your award. You deserve it. I don't watch most comedies or horrors for more or les the same reasons.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.