Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hello again!

Welcome back dears!

I am now back on campus, and one day into my sophomore year! I already have homework, and I'm already procrastinating. It's nice how I've fell easily back into my old routine. ;) No worries though, I always get things done...five minutes before they're due.

I've been unable to update you on what's going on because I've been having technical difficulties with the wireless Internet here. (There are always problems with the wireless here.) So here is what you've missed while I was beating my computer into the wall trying to make it work:

Kitten number one, aka Penny, went to a happy home with my friend Jon. Thank goodness I know she's happy and well cared for. I almost cried when he came to take her home. :/ (Not that I have a shortage of cats. There are still five hanging around my house.)

Photobucket


Kyle is off to Cincinnati for a couple days to visit his dad, and so I'm playing the waiting game again. But I'm honestly a little glad to have some time for myself. It's good to have a chance to readjust to campus on my own. Plus it gives me some much needed time with my girls. :) (I'm trying to be optimistic.)

Photobucket


But on the topic of weddings, we've definitely pinned the date down to some time next summer. If all goes well, by this time next year we'll be married, and I'll be moving to where ever he is stationed, transferring to an online school so I can finish my degree. (I'm so nervous! But more excited. It's a good feeling.)

Photobucket


I'm hoping that the wedding planning will keep me so busy that the time we're about to spend apart will slip by almost without my noticing. (Fat chance of that.) So far the only things that have been planned are the colors (coral, fuchsia and yellow) and my bridesmaids (six very dear friends). That leaves me a lot to do while he's away.

This wedding occupies 70% of my daily thoughts. :) I'm more excited than you can possibly imagine. I've been dreaming of starting our life together for a long time. To be this close, to be able to finally see it coming in a way that's tangible, it's an indescribable feeling. It's amazing, and I couldn't be more pleased. :)

23 comments:

  1. Don't let wedding stuff get in the way of your schoolin'(says the old guy).

    BTW I read "I Am the Messenger" and I can see why you were so enamored with it. It was an awesome read and I loved the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no worries, I won't let the academics slide. ;)

    And I'm glad you liked it! The more I think about it, the more it becomes one of my favorites. There were so many passages that I found beautiful...and it was so blunt. I loved that. It's refreshing to find a book like that one after spending so much time in college having to dig into things like My Antonia and the dreaded Charles Dickens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you've got a plan! Don't let wedding planning bog you down though some days you'll want a break from it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to have you back on the blogosphere, Carrie! :)

    You're getting married? Congratulations!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy Shenanigans: I'm sure you're right. :) But right now I'm so excited! I can't wait to get things underway.

    Iida: Thanks! There were photos of the proposal in my last post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy!! I'm excited for all the planning.

    Is there a story behind why Kyle just up and left to see Dad? And, he's stayind days?! What's up with that? I'm glad they're patching things up, this is just kind of sudden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Courtney: He didn't tell me the story. He just said "I'm going to see Dad on Monday. I'll probably stay until Wednesday."

    I said, "Oh, okay. That's good."

    He said, "Yeah."

    That was the extent of the conversation. He called me last night and said things were going okay, but didn't give any details. However, I didn't really expect any until after he gets back. I didn't think he'd really want to talk about it yet.

    But I'm glad they're patching things up too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so exciting! I know it is going to all be fine:)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are a cutie! and YAY for kitten number one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i bet you're always staring at your ring...how will you concentrate?! haha. just make sure you do. education is so important and believe me you can still go to school and be married. i'm sure the fiance approves of that. good luck with plannin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ps. you and your redhead are adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, he approves. :) But you're right, I do just sit and stare at the ring sometimes. It's hard to believe it's actually real. :)

    PS. Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You seem to have a great plan. I wish you all the best.

    Check out my blog if you want.

    http://www.cherryvomit.com

    Comments and a follow would be greatly appreciated. =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay your getting married :) That cat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got married 3 months ago and the wedding planning ruled my life. After it was over I felt slightly depressed for s second. It was so weird all the anticipation, then it was just over. So enjoy it and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rachel: A belated Congratulations to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey whats up? i read ur blog and i thought ur story was pretty interesting and congrats on the marriage thing

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.