Thursday, July 2, 2009

Updates:

[1] My job is still the greatest ever. I had the morning from hell today and was almost an hour late and no one noticed/cared. It was great. (reasons for lateness: dysfunctional alarm clock, roadwork that cost me 20 minutes and caused my gas tank to run dry, slow traffic.)

[2] Kyle has finally phased into the last portion of his training, so he now has his phone at all times. He only gets to use it for about an hour each day, but that's still great. I get daily updates on how he is now, and I don't feel like he's so disconnected from what I've begun to think of as "normal life." I can keep him up-to-date with everything going on here without writing until my fingers bleed. It's great. It really is.

[3] No cake baking this week, but definitely next week. It took us so long to eat the last one that we won't be ready for another until then.

[4] I started a tumblr account! It's going to feature most of the same posts that are found here, along with some more fun, lighthearted, short posts. For those of you that don't know, tumblr is a slightly less serious form of blogging. There's a link in my right sidebar to my page if you want to check it out. I'd love to hear what you think about it. :) (However, you'll have to tell me through comments here or an email. Tumblr doesn't support comments.)

[5] I'm almost positive that I have kittens. My cat went from extremely fat to tiny in a matter of a day. The last time this happened we found kitties under our porch. I'm excited!!! Assuming that things go well and we can find the babies, I'll post some pics here later.

[6] Bungee jumping probably isn't going to happen. Sorry, Brianne, dear. :( My crazy wonderful boyfriend didn't take to kindly to the idea of my jumping off of a building without him here to make sure I don't die in the process. (So perhaps it's postponed rather than cancelled. I just may make him take me while he's home for a bit this August...) However, the vacation planning is coming along nicely. Our hotel is booked and most of our events are planned. I'm super-excited. :)

[7] Thanks so much to everyone who commented on my Mad Tea Party post! I'm glad it was such a hit. I'm still in shock that I had a total of 60 comments. It's mind-boggling. But it's wonderful. :D

I hope you're all doing well, and I wish you all very happy days. :D

I'll leave you with the latest pictures Kyle and I have exchanged via cellphone:

Photobucket

Kyle

Thank God for technology. :)

11 comments:

  1. Maybe you're best to save the bungie jumping until you can do it with Kyle ... what a bonding experience that would be! Glad you sound happier now that you are in more regular contact with your sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who am i going to bungee jump with now???

    ReplyDelete
  3. bungee jumping? that's the scariest thing ever. don't do it! or i guess you can. just don't tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th to you and yours, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lyn: that's the plan. :)

    Brianne: darling, you should have signed your name. Haha. And Idk...maybe we can tie Kylie up and push her off?

    Becky: no worries. It doesn't look like I'll be jumping.

    Willow: Thanks for dropping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg I could never go bungee jumping not in a gazillion years!
    The pics are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Carrie...nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww that's so good you guys can communicate more now. It seriously helps a TON!

    Thanks for your comments, girl. Encouragement is always welcome, lol. I'd totally be job hunting, except I'm pretty darn sure no one would hire me for the remaining 2 months I'm home from college. It's a big bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Technoclogy is awesome...that's how I met my wife!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Braja: Nice to meet you too! Hope you'll stop by again. :)

    Aly: I'm terrified, but that's the whole point in doing it, you know? And thanks!

    Rachael: No problem. ;) And that sucks about the job... Sorry.

    Organic: Really? Wow. That's cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. *tears* That's my baby brother...

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.