Friday, July 31, 2009

Great-Grandma's Pineapple Cake

Yesterday I finally managed to make the time to make a second cake. The recipe was a special one. When my great-grandmother passed away this summer, it was one that was found in her belongings. According to Dad, I hit it spot-on. According to me, it's delicious.

Here's the recipe for all you lovely bloggers:


THE CAKE:

2 cups sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
2 eggs
2 tsp. backing soda
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (NOT drained)


1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine all ingredients, blend well, and pour into greased 13x9 inch pan.
3) Bake for approximately 30 minutes.

 This is a very moist cake, and will not rise like most. When it's a deep golden on top, it's done.


FROSTING:

1 brick of cream cheese
1 stick butter
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla


Blend with mixer until smooth and spread onto cake while it's still warm.



Mkay, now I have an announcement:


I have a big surprise for you all! Since my blog has been gaining popularity I've been thinking about what I should do with my newly acquired voice in the blogging world. I've finally come to a decision, and I'll be sharing it with you on Monday. Hope you all have great weekends, and I can't wait to share my news!

11 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful, Carrie. I love moist, fruity cakes. And this one sounds so easy, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that sounds good! I'm definitely going to have to make that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, the cake sounds delicious!

    And I can't wait to hear your news... I'm so excited. Evil girl, you might enjoy the suspense but I don't!

    x, Iida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Willow, you're very welcome.

    Racheal, if you try it out let me know how you like it. :)

    Iida, thanks. And Monday isn't far away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake sounds amazing! thanks for sharing the recipe. Maybe I will make a cake in the shape of me....haha jk.

    Can't wait to hear the big news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds delish! i LOVE cream cheese icing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stevi, if you could really shape that pineapple cake into a statue you'd be my hero! :)

    And the rest of you: if you guys try it out, let me know how you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! That cake sounds absolutely delicious and dangerously easy! :/

    *goes to check the contents of her cupboards*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carrie, I'm over from The Caffienated Globe and I just love your Pineapple Cake recipe and your blog! And that frosting sounds fab! I am drooling and since I have all of the ingredients, I'm going to make it now! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.