Friday, June 5, 2009

Stamping away...

Photobucket


I have no idea who Donna Harmon is. I've never met her. But I've just finished stamping her name on hundreds of time sheets for the office.

All I have to say is that she's either a very busy woman or a very important one. This stamping business happens at least once a month, and she never does it herself. No, the monotonous task of approving time sheets falls to me.

I don't mind a bit. I'm paid very well for what little work I have to do, and I actually quite enjoy lining the stamp up just so with the signature line.

I like office-y things in general. I like alphabetizing and shredding and filing. I like answering phones and printing and copying. I like making conversation with the other people here. I like giving people directions to whichever office they need. I like knowing what's expected of me...

I like that I have my name on a door.
I like that I have my own phone line.
I like that I get to decorate however I like.
I like that I choose my own schedule.

I love my job. I really do.
(And if you ever need Donna Harmon's signature, I'm the girl to call.)

4 comments:

  1. Love your view on office work. You make me smile and even smirk sometimes. If Donna only knew how famous she was ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love office work, too. I wouldn't mind going back to it, but I also love working in a school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww you're so lucky!! i want a job that i can be happy with ! but anyway you make your job fun ! :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way Ms. Carrot. Maybe, when we grow up, I can get a job at a university being an adviser and you can be the librarian in next the building over and we can send each other silly emails with surprisingly deep questions consisting of off-the-wall scenarios and soul-searching qualities. You could be my sister and we could have barbecues and let our kids play in the tree house in my backyard or the swing set in yours. And we could be happy with our categorizing, labeling, filing, and book reading/writing...

    k, I got a little carried away...

    but wouldn't it be nice?

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.