Friday, May 15, 2009

Willow Manor...

If you haven't popped over to check out the blog "Life at Willow Manor," I suggest you do so in a hurry. Willow provides me with a great many poems and movie reccomendations that brighten my day. You can find the link on the left side of my blog. =)

This is a little something I stole from her today.
It suits my mood...
even if it's about a fruit and not a veggie.

The Orange

At lunchtime I bought a huge orange
The size of it made us all laugh.
I peeled it and shared it with Robert and Dave—
They got quarters and I had a half.

And that orange it made me so happy,
As ordinary things often do
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park
This is peace and contentment. It’s new.

The rest of the day was quite easy.
I did all my jobs on my list
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
I love you. I’m glad I exist.

-Wendy Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.