Thursday, May 28, 2009

Printing Problems

Photobucket


This little label printer has been my worst enemy this morning. I'm not sure when it happened, but I guess I got on its bad side.

First it decided to run out of labels. (Okay, maybe this part isn't its fault...) This has never happened before. During the entire first 2 1/2 months of my working in my lovely office its always been fully stocked with cute little rectangular labels. But today it ran out.

It's a tiny little contraption. Until today it's been inoffensive and quite useful. I thought to myself, "How hard can it be to put in a new roll? I really don't need to bother anyone else..."

Big mistake.

It only took me a few minutes to figure out how the labels should be installed, and only a few seconds to load them. But then the unthinkable happened.

The label printer had a label jam. I didn't even know that was possible.

Calmly, slowly, I pulled the offending label out of the back of the machine. It appeared to have came out cleanly. I breathed a sigh of relief, reloaded it and attempted to print a test label.

It wouldn't work. I had no idea why. So I had to call in backup.

"Susannnn..."

Susan couldn't figure it out either. So she called in more backup.

"Anitaaaa..."

Anita is the repair-woman of the third floor. If it wasn't official before, it is now. She led the three of us in a mission to disect and repair the beastly little printer. By the time we discovered the problem (a miniscule piece of label backing, maybe 1/100th of an inch wide, was blocking the piece that pulls the labels through), we had completely disassembeled the thing. It was in like fifteen pieces and there were screws all over my desk.

Anita's a genius though, so it's all back together now. I'm frowning at it as I type. Leave it to a label printer to make me look like an idiot. =/

3 comments:

  1. i just discovered your blog a love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... office machinery make the best of us look like fools. Wait 'til you live with Kyle and can't get the DVD player to work. Then, when he comes in to help, it perks up smartly and pretends it wasn't just playing dead. oh yeah, it happens. They're out to get us, the electronics. It's not in the glamorized Transformer style the media suggests. Oh no, they plan to make us all think we're crazy. But I know the truth, yes I know!! They won't get me!! Muahahahaa....

    <3 Hope you smiled a little at least.

    ReplyDelete

Each comment you leave donates one smile to my day.
Thanks so much for letting me know what you think.